Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSODS! BSODS! Everywhere!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Human1

Human1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I've had alot of BSODS lately and i have checked the temps many times memtest 12 passes 0 errors.
at first they only crashed in 2D applications like simple browsing, and then it started crashing in high end games
like APB (All Points Bulletin) and the next is probably my copy of skyrim...
The symptoms are : AMD driver stops responding (screen goes black and goes back up.
Artifacts everywhere and either stays until i restart or flashes and disseappers.
and colour stripes everywhere (and artifacts) followed by BSOD's

i will link the minidumps but ive only got the ones from yesterday and today. (lost the others somehow)
Seem's i've got this error with the mini dumps [Error] You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file
care to show me the ropes?

Attempts on fixing this myself : changed all the drivers to all the devices. (EVERY update.)
and noumerous things... this pc is 5 years old and started off with vista, but then it suddenly denied vista completely but im 100% that this is no virus or anything of the like because i have scanned and uninstalled with about 5 anti-viruses\malware and such sooo... yeah, Good luck to the expert who can solve the da vinci code.
AND thank you in advance!

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Hi Human1 and :welcome:

As you have discovered, these type problems are difficult to troubleshoot because there are so many things that can cause a system to crash, freeze, or suddenly reboot.

When dealing with hardware issues, I always want to ensure I am provided good, clean, solid power. So if me, I would swap in a known good power supply, or have that on professionally tested. A plug in tester or multimeter are not conclusive - especially with intermittent problems.

Being 5 years old, it could be just about anything that is now showing its age and is beginning to fail even under normal loads. I am assuming the interior is clean of heat trapping dust, and you have lots of front to back air flow through the case. You say the temps are good, what temps and what are they? Since you are getting AMD errors, I am assuming that is for your graphics. Are you monitoring your GPU temps too? If you have another graphics card to swap in, you might try that (uninstalling the old drivers first).

Memtest is good, but no software based RAM tester is conclusive either. So running with one stick at a time is a good idea.

Inspect the motherboard for bulging or leaking electrolytic capacitors. These failed or failing capacitors are a common cause of sudden, but seemingly random system lock ups and reboots. The capacitors look like tall soda cans, many of which surround the CPU socket.

All older motherboards, and many of today's less expensive motherboards use electrolytic capacitors containing a liquid electrolyte. Failing (including flawed and/or abused/over-heated) capacitors literally bulge at the seams due to excessive internal pressures. Extreme (and very rare) cases result in a firecracker type explosion or “pop” or “snap” type sound that can really stink up a room. Typically, electrolyte just oozes from the pressure relief point, which appears as a symbol or letter stamped in the top of the capacitor casing. The electrolyte can be caustic to motherboards and flesh. Look for white to dark-brown, dried liquid or foam on the tops or bottoms of the capacitors. Bulging capacitors are a sign leakage is about to occur.

A motherboard with bulging or leaky capacitors can be repaired, but often it is more cost effective in the long run to replace the motherboard.

Be sure to first power down, unplug the computer, and keep yourself discharged by touching the bare metal of the case before reaching in.

Human1

Human1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you for a fast reply! ^_^

Hi again! the temperatures wich are shown in the BIOS and the GPU-z are about 40 and only rises to 50 while using heavy programs, so those are pretty stable temps i guess... the electrolytic capacitors look pretty good, i really dont believe that the hardware is faulty i would rather think that there is some registry error(corruption) due to a registry cleaner or the like... (i used one after a virus attack, and i let the program stay on my PC and then i realized it wouldnt uninstall and the symptoms gradually appeared... the vista was removed 2 months after this approximately november-desember 2010,.,. and the W7 had small symptoms.)

I managed to upload the minidumps now. (Forgot i had to zip it :P)

and i am not able to swap analyze my PC because... well i dont have the parts, if i get components for my pc i use them 'till they are burnt down to ashes...

I am living in a very small town so there are no experts around to ask for a check-up...

so... yeah i have followed all of your instructions with little to no improvement, lets see your opinion on the minidumps please!
i've realized that my pc is the most stable in the factory updates for all compoments(kinda obvious i know.) (i have formated my pc just now.) i would predict that it will run normally until 15.12.2011 and then i would have to repeat this process... (seems kinda unrealistic but i have seen this happen before.) (my official vista still won't install.)

i just need my pc to hold on until the end of january and then i will buy a new one for 1712,97 $ would you mind if i asked you what you think about the parts i want to buy?

Attached Files

Edited by Human1, 13 December 2011 - 10:41 AM.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Rather than the dump files, it would be easier if you following these instructions for WhoCrashed.

Human1

Human1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Genius! Pure Genius! i have looked for a lot of software but this is the best i have come by! =)
Anyway, should i copy paste the results or what? and would you look at the components i plan to buy?

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Yes, you can copy the Analyze report here, or follow the instructions in the report as suggested here.

As for components to buy, that would go in a new thread.

:( Oh no. I just checked your profile and noticed you are using a cracked copy of Windows. Seeking or providing help for illegal software is strictly prohibited by the Terms of Use/Rules (specifically 3.p.) you agreed to abide by when you joined.

Consequently, this thread will now be closed and you will be provided no more help for this computer.