Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook address book

• Please log in to reply

pd1431

pd1431

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
:tazz: In past years I've created new lists in my Outlook address book. Each list contains the email addresses for people who belong to groups in my life. One is just for people I graduated with, another is for seldom used email addresses and so on.... It's been so long since I've created a new list that I can't remember how to do it!!!! Have tried everything!!!!!!! I need to add 2 more lists to my addressbook and nothing works. Even had an engineer-type here tonight who gave it a try and he couldn't get the program to allow us to add new lists either. Anyone have any ideas!!!!!?????? ;)

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi :

Are you trying to

1) Create a group in the Address Book?
2) Create a personal distribution list?
3) Add an Internet Directory Service to be checked for e-mail names?
4) Add a directory service?
5) Create new items from different types of items?
6) Add a name to a group in the Address Book?

Your pick. :tazz:

Ron

pd1431

pd1431

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi Ron,
Thanks for the quick response! I'm attempting to add a new list of email address under the title "Friends" When I open address book the first list that shows up (I have it set this way) in Personal Address Book.
When clicking on the down area I can also choose such lists as my grad. class, a collectors group, John's address, etc.... Each list is seperate. One of the lists I want to create will be titled #802 and as I receive email addresses in the next few weekd, I'll add them to this list.

pd1431

pd1431

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
:tazz: Success!!!! Have finally been able to create 2 new address lists in my Outlook address book! I right clicked on "contacts" and went from there! Have been doing this over and over again with no success but this time I rebooted the computer before the attempt & it worked!! Now I can get on with the job at hand!

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Great news. Sorry I didn't get back to you in time. Was going to let you know that doing all the options I listed in my post can be found in the Help file for Outlook. Sometimes these files don't work (corrupted/missing) and would only have posted instructions from my Help file for you if you couldn't have accessed yours.

Glad you got it going on your own. I keep a Word document with all my notes for referring to on how to do stuff. My memory is terrible at my age. :tazz:

Thanks for using GTG.

Ron

pd1431

pd1431

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Ron, I have a feeling you're toooo youngggg for memory problems - that's for folks my age!!! Thanks again for all the help and also for the tips you gave me today! I looked everywhere for instruction - even went to Microsoft but that's like getting lost in Africia! Have an icon on my screen for this site and will visit often as a learning tool!

phyllis

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Glad you like this site. I've, too, have learned a lot just reading these posts. I'm more of a Jack of All Trades, Master of None.

If you would like to check out some Tips and Tricks for Word, try these :

Tips and Tricks for Word 2000 - Micro$oft

Microsoft Word Tips Tricks & FAQs

Tips and tricks for Microsoft Word 2000 including shortcuts, tweaks, and protecting documents

Micro$oft actally has a lot of good information available. They just have a lousy search engine as it seems to return non-relevant pages and when you try to tighten up on the search, it returns nothing. :tazz:

Safe surfing and don't let the malware bugs bite.

Ron