Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

flashing pixels on monitor

• Please log in to reply

KostasPAP

KostasPAP

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hi,
I recently upgraded my pc and those are the changes i made
Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8 -->Core i5 2500 3.3
Ati radeon hd5770 -->Ati radeon hd6870
4gb ram --->8 gb ram
asus p5qld pro --->asus p8h67-M pro
Everything works fine :thumbsup: except that i sometimes get some flashing pixels or sometimes stay still until i put a window over them (different colors) on desktop(NOT in games) only desktop or when i watch a movie or a video on youtube....i asked the shop i bought the things from and
they told me it might be overheating or need a new psu or monitor..i send pc there to check everything but they told me everything is ok....I have done some tests that are on internet like changing background colour but i see those pixels once at an image and i can see that image 200 times and not get pixels...I can't explain it more specifically :confused: ...I hope i made you understand....any help would be appreciated :help:

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hi KostasPAP
Download Speedfan and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows. The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

Posted Image
(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

KostasPAP

KostasPAP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
here it is

Attached Thumbnails

• ????? ?????.jpg

Edited by KostasPAP, 13 December 2011 - 05:24 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Ok you have a couple of high temp readings and the +12V reading is showing as being very low so a further test needs to be done for comparison http://www.cpuid.com.../hwmonitor.html again post a screenshot of the results.

KostasPAP

KostasPAP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
here it is

Attached Thumbnails

• ????? ?????.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Ok the high temps are still present and there are a lack of power readings so my first suggestion is that you try a known good PSU, it must be capable of providing good clean stable power for all your system.
Provide us with your present PSU details brand and output please, did you apply the correct amount of TIM when you fitted the CPU , heatsink and fan http://www.geekstogo...rface-material/

KostasPAP

KostasPAP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
my psu is lamtech lampsu550 550w psu
I don't understand what you say about TIM....What is TIM??

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
See posts #12 and #13 @ http://www.geekstogo...7-call-of-duty/ is this a pure coincidence?
TIM is what keeps your CPU cool, please take the time to read the information at the link I provided so you fully understand its use.
I am going offline now until 1700hrs UK time but if you post back meanwhile someone else may assist you.

KostasPAP

KostasPAP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
i understood about the tim and i will try.....meanwhile i was searching about psu and i think i am going to buy a CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX V2 650W ...Is it good???
The topic is not a coincidence....It is my big brother....but now he lives alone and i have his pc

Edited by KostasPAP, 14 December 2011 - 12:18 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Yes ensuring the TIM is adequate is very important.
Good brand choice of PSU and the output gives you plenty of headroom should you wish to upgrade further in the future.

Advertisements

KostasPAP

KostasPAP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
If i check the TIM and buy a good PSU, will the problem be solved?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

If i check the TIM and buy a good PSU, will the problem be solved?

No one at GTG can or will answer you with a Yes or a No to your question, to do so would be both unfair and irresponsible, look back over previous assistance offered and you will find a common denominator http://www.geekstogo...7-call-of-duty/ see post #11 of colleague Starjax to see concerns regarding the PSU.

KostasPAP

KostasPAP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Ok i think that corsair is a good psu brand and 650 watts are more than enough for my system...But if...i say if that doesn't solve the problem what is the next step???

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Ok i think that corsair is a good psu brand and 650 watts are more than enough for my system

Without a doubt!

But if...i say if that doesn't solve the problem what is the next step???

First step first, ensure that your TIM is applied correctly and only then connect your new Corsair PSU as to do otherwise will start you back at square one.

KostasPAP

KostasPAP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
i managed to printscreen some pixels here they are

Attached Thumbnails

• ????? ?????.jpg

Edited by KostasPAP, 15 December 2011 - 02:59 PM.