Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 7internet security 2012 pop up

• Please log in to reply

tnn86

tnn86

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Hi,

Just yesterday a win 7 internet security popped up multiple times on my computer. It says that I have a virus but I know that I don't even have win 7 internet security on my computer. I am currently using another computer because it won't let me browse the internet on the infected laptop. I used a usb drive to download the OTL on this computer and successfully had it work on the infected computer but when the quick scan was finish the OTL log did not pop up. Instead there was a pop up that said I had a rogue malware and that my computer was at risk. I don't seem to know which pop ups are legit and which are fake. The last thing I remember downloading was a Java update that popped up. That's the only thing that I think could of caused it.

Please help me resolve this issue, Thank you :)

Advertisements