Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Pavilion Elite m9517c Windows 7 Wont Boot or Keeps Crashing.

• Please log in to reply

Jamgd

Jamgd

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello and thank you in advance! I have had this computer just over 2 years and it started having serious issues. right after the warranty runs up of course so HP is not willing to help. Video Card went bad replaced it with a better one it was all good. The fans started running very loud and much more often didnt think too much of it just tried to keep them clean. The other day I get the Hard drive failure imminent back up files and replace.. Ok went out and bought a new hard drive from seagate 1TB same size as the Samsung that was in there. Did a Drive clone as the salesman at the computer store recomended. Worked great for about 4 hours then crased again. The first reboot came up as Hard drive failure immenint again. ran some tests seems that the hard drive was fine and the error never came up again. ran a test on the motherboard and it said the there was something wrong witht he battery in the Motherboard checked that and replaced it tests came back fine ran well for a short while and crashed again. It was also having trouble finding the Hard drive that seems to have stopped Ive checked all cords even swithced ports etc. The computer will start up and run. but it seems to run longer the longer you have it off. but always ends up stopping and then crashing. I also noticed the fans were very quiet and just running very low, where they used to rev up right away and get loud quite often. Does this sound like a known issue or something that can be fixed? New motherboard or just the battery? Could there be something in my cloned hardrive that would do this? My apologies for my hard to read ranting I may have left some out but I have been working on this for a few days now and HP service wasted alot of my time and was probably the worst customer service I have ever recieved but thats another story. Just figured I would get on here and /pray someone can help me with this. Please and Thank you :D

Advertisements

Akabilk

Akabilk

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi Jamgd,

Go to HP Support and Drivers and update your drivers. Click on Start Now under "automatically find your products and solutions". It will need to download an Active-X to do this, so right-click Internet Explorer and run as Administrator before going to the above link.

Jamgd

Jamgd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you Akabilk for your reply,

I did as you said it got up and running gets to 100% of detecting then it waits for the site to respond but nothing happens, after a short while the computer crashes again. Everytime I start it up again it runs for less and less time not sure why. So I will let it sit for a while again and try to run Support and Drivers again. I will let you know asap.

Jamgd

Jamgd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
All the Drivers seem to be up to date it passes the startup diagnostic test, I dont get it. I leave it sit for a while I can get it to run for about 5-10 minutes then it crashes. I start it back up it gets me just into windows for a few minutes and crashes. The next boot it only gets to windows startup and crashes. then doesnt get past the initial blue screen, or cant find anything to boot off of wants me to insert bootable media or drive whatever it say :( any ideas?