Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Yesterday, Yahoo acct hacked, today computer freezes at desktop

• Please log in to reply

Pat Williams

Pat Williams

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
I did the basic one first. I've installed the full one. Still won't print.

Advertisements

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
I would like to suggest we clean up what our work has added to your system, and you post a new request in the G2G Hardware, Components and Peripherals. Let those sharp folks help with what they do best.

Pat Williams

Pat Williams

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Okay ... thanks for trying.

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
I actually have a bad habit of always wanting to read malware issues into things, so better we get me out of the equation, and you get that printer up and running. Just some removal steps to finish up here.

Eset, if you don't plan to use it again, uninstalls through Add/Remove Programs.

--------

Go to Start - Run, type cmd.exe and press OK. At the prompt copy/paste the following, pressing Enter after each:

cd "%userprofile%\desktop"

combofix /uninstall

ComboFix should uninstall itself at this time.

--------

You can also at this time delete the files/folders of the tools we used. To assist with some of that run OTL again. This will help by automatically removing some of the tools we used.

Just click CleanUp, and select Yes. When it finishes removing some of the tools and files we used there just agree to the reboot.

In addition, I like to recommend reviewing the information below to make sure you stay malware free.

http://www.geekstogo...he-first-place/

http://www.geekstogo...safe-computing/

Pat Williams

Pat Williams

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Thanks for your help!

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal