Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dell inspirion problem- doesn't turn on.

• Please log in to reply

rigs

rigs

• PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
every morning I turn my dell inspiron but for the past week. my system does not come on inmediately. first, I usually wait for about 20 t0 30 minutes with no success. so, then I press the on/off button a few times and my system will usually start but not inmediately. it does come on but about an hour or more after pressing the on/off buton a few times.

I hope my posting makes sense

any help is appreciated

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
This could me a loose connection or perhaps a failing component doesn't like the colder mornings. I would unplug from the wall, touch bare metal of the case interior to discharge any static in your body, then inspect the interior and clean out all the heat trapping dust. Make sure all the cable connections are tight and secure, including those in the back of the computer. If all is good and it still does this, then I would look at swapping in a known good power supply unit (PSU) and see what happens.

rigs

rigs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
changed my PSU and everything is woking............thank you.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Great! I am glad that worked and thanks for the followup!