Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

power outage and my computer wont totally boot up

• Please log in to reply

pacificcastle

pacificcastle

• Pip
  • 0 posts
ok, so the power went out yesterday and now my pc wont totally boot up. i get to the point where it states reboot safe mode or start windows normally and none of the options work. it will go through and try to boot up and then come back to the same screen where it asks about the reboot modes.

any idea of what i need to do.... i am not a computer geek but i somewhat know my way around....

Please help for that i have a lot of family pictures, music, and videos that i really dont want to lose.....

Thanks,

D

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Hi and :welcome: pacificcastle
The first thing we will do is attempt to secure your data on the HDD using Puppy Linux, please see
http://www.geekstogo...over-your-data/ post back when you have done this or if you require any help with the above.