Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD - Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

Crueluk

Crueluk

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi all,

Im new here but ive been getting BSOD for about the past 2 months,(I think ive had around 6) ever since the battlefield 3 beta. They mostly happen when im on battlefield 3 however I did get one last night when I had left Terraria paused for about 20-30 minutes.
Im not sure what the protocol is, I know dump files will be helpful for you guys but I dont know the correct way to set them up.
I did notice last night when it happened during Battlefield 3 that it did say USBPORT.SYS

I used Windows Driver Verifier and my machine would not boot up past windows, I was unable to get past it and had to restore the machine to a previous version, this to me indicates a driver gone bad but Im not sure which one. (ps couldnt get into safe mode)

Any help you guys could give me would be great and anything you need from me just ask and I will let you know if I know how to get to it.

Thanks!

Edited by Crueluk, 16 December 2011 - 08:46 AM.

Advertisements

Crueluk

Crueluk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Managed to get my minidump file and uploaded it if anyone could take a wee look it would be much appreciated!!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LNF28767

Thanks!