Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit/ Blue screen tcpip.sys

• Please log in to reply

bob32905

bob32905

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I get A blue screen with 0x0000001e and toward the bottom it has tcpip.sys. Ive seen some others that have the same problem but didn't understand much.

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Hello bob :welcome: :)

Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Would you please tell me which antivirus applications you have had previously on this machine any and all.The reason I ask is because some like to hang around after you uninstall via add remove programs and require the use of removal tools.

What kind of computer do you have exactly??Example Compaq presario c700

Download CCLEANER

Just DONT us the registry cleaner function of CCleaner unless you know what you are deleting exactly!!

Then open ccleaner hit the tools button then startup second one down below uninstall then in the bottom right hand corner of ccleaner hit save to text file.Save it to your desktop and post the startup.txt here in your next reply.

Hit the start button in lower left hand corner. Then in the run box type msconfig, then hit the services tab then put a check mark in hide microsoft services what is listed there,after hiding microsoft services?Please post back to us in a vertical list.

Please download MINITOOLBOX When the box opens click save file, save it to the desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following boxes:

Flush Dns
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Click Go and post the result.

Run sfc /scannow also run chkdsk /r Links explaining below.

chkdsk /r

sfc /scannow

IF THIS IS A DESKTOP Unplug the tower open up the side.Get can of compressed air and blow out the machine and reseat the ram modules video card etc,see video Plug it back in and see how it goes.WHILE YOU HAVE THE RAM AND VIDEO CARD OUT BLOW OUT THE SLOTS THAT THEY PLUG INTO.ALSO BLOW OUT THE HEAT SINK.SEE VIDEO

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND POST ALL INFORMATION REQUESTED!! :)

I want to make one thing very clear DO NOT use the registry cleaner function of ccleaner!!

Edited by rockmilk, 17 December 2011 - 05:55 AM.

bob32905

bob32905

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have a gateway laptop md2614u, I had norton 360 on it but have removed it. I am trying to get the bluesreen viewer on the laptop but goes to blue screen too fast.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Is the computer stable in safemode?If so Hit start>type msconfig>under the service tab hit hide microsoft services and uncheck all that remain>Then under the startup tab uncheck all.Then reboot your machine and complete my instructions if possible.

bob32905

bob32905

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I hope this works

Attached File  BSOD.txt   54.36KB   109 downloads

bob32905

bob32905

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Here is minidump file

Attached Files

bob32905

bob32905

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I hope this is what you are asking for.

Attached Files

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Sorry for the late reply have been a bit busy lately helping someone move.Please do the following. :)

Run check disk insructions in my first post.

Open device manager are there any yellow ? or ! marks???

I believe your graphics driver is an ati/amd product go to the link below and update it.
http://support.amd.c...uto_detect.aspx

If not then use Driver Max See Below:Also update your chipset driver.
Update your graphics driver with driver max. http://www.innovativ....com/drivermax/
Or go to the link below if you know what graphics card you have.
http://support.amd.c...ages/index.aspx

Open Ccleaner and disable the entries below.
Yes HKLM:Run Trigger New Acer AlaunchX c:\Acer\Preload\Command\AlaunchX\AppInRun.exe
Yes HKLM:RunOnce New Acer AlaunchX c:\Acer\Preload\Command\AlaunchX\LaunchAlaunchX.exe
Yes IE Helper Adobe PDF Link Helper C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
Yes IE Helper SSVHelper Class C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
Yes IE Helper Partner BHO Class C:\ProgramData\Partner\partner.dll
Yes IE Helper Google Toolbar Helper c:\program files (x86)\google\googletoolbar1.dll
Yes IE Helper Google Toolbar Notifier BHO C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.1.415.1646\swg.dll
Yes IE Toolbar Google c:\program files (x86)\google\googletoolbar1.dll

Run the norton uninstaller. http://majorgeeks.co...131482b8e4a8e42 Then reboot your machine.
Next Install Avast Free.
http://www.avast.com...ivirus-download

Uninstall the following program
Java™ 6 Update 5 (Version: 1.6.0.50)

Hit the start button in lower left hand corner. Then in the run box type msconfig, then hit the services tab then put a check mark in hide microsoft services what is listed there,after hiding microsoft services?Please post back to us in a vertical list.

bob32905

bob32905

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
AMD External Events Utility
Game Console Service
Google Updater Service
02 Micro Flash Memory Card Service
Partner Service
XAudio Service
Yahoo Updater

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Hit start button at lower left hand corner of the screen.Then in the run box type services.msc. Find the service listed below,one at a time. left click it once you should have the option to either stop the service or restart it , stop the service then right click selected service select properties then change the startup type to manual then left click apply and move on to the next service.If the service is stopped and the startup type is manual then do nothing.

Game Console Service
Google Updater Service
Partner Service
Yahoo Updater

How are things now??
Please tell me the steps you have carried out.

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
I am signing off for the night will check back in monday.

bob32905

bob32905

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Well I think it is officialy done. It wont even boot into safe mode anymore. Thanks for all your help and I really appreciate your time.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Do you have your vista cd??

bob32905

bob32905

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I just have 3 gateway restore cds that they sent me. I installed Ubuntu OS and haven't had any problems, But I like windows so much better.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Have you run check disk as I suggested?I know nothing about Ubuntu so not sure if you can run check disk from it.Maybe another member can help you trouble shoot further. Sorry I could not be of more help to you.