Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit/ Blue screen tcpip.sys

• Please log in to reply

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
rockmilk

Good evening. I may be wrong but I do not think bob32905 is working Ubuntu NOW. I read it as he has uninstalled Ubuntu, or at least if not uninstalled he is on dual boot with Windows.
He says Ubuntu did work - but I like Windows better.

Merry Xmas.
All the best for 2012.

Advertisements

bob32905

bob32905

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I am running Ubuntu only. I couldn't get vista to run

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
WHICH Operating system is ON the computer with the BLUE SCREEN and relevant to the thread.

In other words you have posted some txt files from what my colleague rockmilk asked you to run.
TO WHICH operating system do YOU think those files refer please.

I am signing off it is 0215hrs in UK. I will be back about 1800hrs UK time.

bob32905

bob32905

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
when we first started out all I was running was vista, all the txt that was posted was for visa. I did all that he suggested. after all of that last night it would go straight to the blue screen even when I tried to go into safe mode. Thats when i figured I would try a different os altogether. I did a complete install of Ubuntu. I'm on the laptop right now.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
See my previous post please.
I was just ABOUT to press the big switch - OFF when I saw your reply.

SO is it NOW running correctly with Ubuntu as troubleshooting for Vista cannot in essence be carried out with ONLY Ubuntu installed.

If it was dual boot with Vista and Ubuntu as is the computer I am sending you this on. Then that would be a different issue.

Goodnight.
I will answer anything you post when I return if no one else has before

bob32905

bob32905

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I'm guessing I'm running only Ubuntu.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts

SO is it NOW running correctly with Ubuntu as troubleshooting for Vista cannot in essence be carried out with ONLY Ubuntu installed.

So is it - running correctly?

If so, you can presume that your hardware is Ok and the problem with Vista, was most likely a driver issue.

However there is nothing further we can do to diagnose the cause WHILE you do NOT have Vista installed.

Good Luck with it and please post back if you decide to return to Vista and have problems.

My colleague rockmilk was of course correct in the way he read

I installed Ubuntu OS and haven't had any problems, But I like windows so much better.

I presumed, wrongly that the above meant in the past tense. Of course you did say haven`t -rather than did not