Welcome Guest to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Feel free to browse the site as a guest. However, you must log in to reply to existing topics or start a new topic of your own, and enjoy all this forum has to offer. Additionally, if you can assist another member by sharing your knowledge, please post a reply! Best of all - Registration and all assistance, is FREE! Learn more about How it Works. Infected? Malware Cleaning Guide. What are you waiting for?
Create an Account Login to Account

Hitman Pro - Windows doesn't boot!

• Please log in to reply

MaddieP

MaddieP

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ran Hitman Pro to get rid of a Google redirect virus, now Windows does not boot. I tried everything and am getting a bit desperate, as I've got a lot of important files saved on this computer and of course haven't done a backup in 3 months. Windows startup repair does not work, I'm also not able to do a system restore. It seems to be the exact same problem Geoff B posted about on November 23rd but am not sure whether or not I can follow the same instructions to try and fix the problem so I'm hoping someone can help me! Any help would be much much appreciated!

My startup repair tells me:

Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21200716
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailOver
Problem Signature 06: 20
Problem Signature 07: NoRootCause
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

My computer is an HP G62 Notebook using Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit).

Advertisement

MaddieP

MaddieP

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Forgot to mention in my previous post: The OS came pre-installed on this pc so I have no recovery CD's although the HP recovery center that's on the pc does give me the option to do a system recovery. I was just hoping to save my files and programs. At this point I only have access to a small netbook with no CD/DVD drive. I do have flash drives....