Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop assembly and disassembly

• Please log in to reply

bayernmunich

bayernmunich

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
is anyone here knows any video or anything to follow layout how to disassemble and assemble my laptops??? i have acer 5610 and the other one is hp mini..... please because my acer is now a bit dark maybe a problem with inverter.... i want to learn how can i disassemble and assemble this two.... thank you very much.....

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Try connecting the Acer to an external screen, you may need to toggle between screens using either a function key or the Fn key + one of the F1 to F12 keys, does it display ok?
Acer disassembly guide @ http://tim.id.au/lap...elmate 4200.pdf
There are many different models Hp Mini but here is an example; http://www.hp.com/hp...10524133610.pdf

bayernmunich

bayernmunich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
hi philpower2 thanks for the reply..... yes i try it on other monitor and its not dark..... so it must be inverter right???? i haven't try to disassemble it yet if i get time i will try my luck....thank you

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

so it must be inverter right????

Sorry no not conclusively, it could be the backlight but replacing the inverter first is easier and less expensive
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4cf947ab54

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

hi philpower2 thanks for the reply..... yes i try it on other monitor and its not dark..... so it must be inverter right???? i haven't try to disassemble it yet if i get time i will try my luck....thank you

bayernmunich
It is five days since your last reply, is the issue now resolved and if so for the benefit of others who may have the same or a similar issue can you post how it was achieved - thanks.

bayernmunich

bayernmunich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
hi philpower2 I promise that i'll give the update once i able to change my inverter... i haven't change it yet because im a bit busy and i dont have the necessary tools yet to diassemble my laptop... i understand that for the benefit of everyone we should keep the thread updated so they will know the outcome.... thank you.....

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Thanks for the update bayernmunich, I will look out for future replies.

NB: Unfortunately we get many members who never reply once let alone conclude their topic, this is unfair on others who may have to wait for assistance.

bayernmunich

bayernmunich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
hi phillpower2 though i dont have inverter yet i decided to disassembled it first so if i was able to disassemble it, thats when i'll buy an inverter...... i tried my best to disassembled it but one the screws attaching the lcd cant be removed.... ill attach the pic and pls tell me if you have any idea how to remove it.... pls forgive me ill try my best to explain myself because english is not my first language.... when i removing that stubborn screw i was able to unscrew it but not all the way, even how many times i tried ... its moving together with the screw driver but i cant remove it..... if i try to pull it out it still cant be remove.... i became frustrated and almost break it.... any suggestion to do with that stubborn screw???? if i force to pull it out im afraid i will break it..... and one more thing how can i remove the cable from lcd that is attach to top of the keyboard??? i know pictures would mean thousand words so i'll attach the pics .... thanks phillpower2 OOOPPPSSS... how to attach my photo here??? when i clicked insert image the box appears says image url.... my photos is in my computer.....

bayernmunich

bayernmunich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
IMG_1269.JPG

bayernmunich

bayernmunich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
thats the stubborn screw

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1270.JPG

bayernmunich

bayernmunich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
i was already removed the screw by pulling it forcefully... i guess i dont need to remove the wire from lcd to laptop as shown on the picture i posted... i'll now order an inverter maybe they will going to deliver it next week??? ill update you once i installed the inverter... thanks

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Sorry about the delay in replying bayernmunich.
While you are waiting for the inverter to arrive I suggest you visit a local Tech store and see if they have a couple of the same type of screw that was damaged, you cannot use just any type of screw as it can cause a short in the system if it makes contact with the MB or another component.

NB: To disconnect and re-connect the screen ribbon/cable you would need to dismantle a lot more of the laptop/screen.

bayernmunich

bayernmunich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
hi philpower2 the inverter delivered and i yeah its inverter problem..... my screen is clear again....thanks

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Hi bayernmunich
Thanks for the update, I am happy to hear that you have resolved your screen issue and that it was the less expensive inverter that had to be replaced :thumbsup: