Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fan problem

• Please log in to reply

Helger

Helger

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
Hi again GTG
Normally my main fan is 50C, but when i start playing games, it raises about 18-20C and then it starts beeping . I wanna know, why does it get so hot[I remember, when old times, it never had this problems], why it gets 20C more hotter. And games are not some kind of new games like COD MW3, or Skyrim, games i play[cant play better] are old and dont have too big requirements. I would want to play game, without the beeping, without it getting too hot.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Hi Helger
You need to provide information about your computer, this includes is it a laptop or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) providing these details will enable others to better assist you.

Helger

Helger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
pc
Posted Image

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Unfortunately your screenshot tells us very little about your actual computer type desktop or laptop etc, please re-read my post #2

Helger

Helger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Well, desktop, 4 years old now, Intel, 512 Ram, 2 hard drives, main 10GB and the other one i had to put in, has 66GB
What else?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
When was the last time that you cleaned out the heat trapping dust inside the computer?
Download Speedfan and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows. The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

Posted Image
(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

To capture and post a screenshot;
Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload...
then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions courtesy of happyrock :thumbsup:

Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.

Go to: http://www.pcpitstop.com
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

Thanks to rshaffer61 for the PCPitstop instructions :thumbsup:

Helger

Helger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
i think i cleaned it before last summer

Posted Image This is before playing anything

http://www.pcpitstop...&report=Summary

Edited by Helger, 18 December 2011 - 11:11 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Thanks for the update, while I look at the PCPitstop details can you play a video or a game and take another screenshot for us please.

Helger

Helger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Posted Image

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Your voltages look good but temps are high and this may be caused by stress on your system.
Ok you have a number of issues going on and a couple are serious and have the potential to crash your computer, I will come to those in just a second as they are the first thing you must deal with but I will first mention your choice of games and their minimum system requirements, Skyrim for example requires a minimum of 2GB of Ram but you only have 512MB so you are lucky it will run at all, it may however explain the error beeps when the Ram cannot cope

Skyrim Minimum Specs
•Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
•Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
•2GB System RAM
•6GB free HDD Space
•Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
•DirectX compatible sound card
•Internet access for Steam activation
http://www.bethblog....ents-announced/

The first serious problem we must deal with is the lack of available space on your HDD, you must always have between 12 and 15% of the HDDs overall capacity available for data transfer or risk HDD failure, see below for how we can free up some space;

My first suggestion is to tidy up the data on your HDD so please follow the directions provided below starting with Autoruns http://technet.micro...ernals/bb963902

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

2nd: Download and run TFC from http://www.geekstogo...ds&showfile=187 your computer should automatically re-boot on completion but if not do it manually.

3rd: Defrag your HDD http://www.auslogics...re/disk-defrag/ do this at least once a week in the future, a tidy drive is a faster drive, please note that I am not suggesting that you use any other product or service here.

Do the above and we can move on but meanwhile I suggest you stay away from Utorrents as you are putting yourself at risk of malware attack.

Advertisements

Helger

Helger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Your voltages look good but temps are high and this may be caused by stress on your system.
Ok you have a number of issues going on and a couple are serious and have the potential to crash your computer, I will come to those in just a second as they are the first thing you must deal with but I will first mention your choice of games and their minimum system requirements, Skyrim for example requires a minimum of 2GB of Ram but you only have 512MB so you are lucky it will run at all, it may however explain the error beeps when the Ram cannot cope

Skyrim Minimum Specs
•Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
•Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
•2GB System RAM
•6GB free HDD Space
•Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
•DirectX compatible sound card
•Internet access for Steam activation
http://www.bethblog....ents-announced/

The first serious problem we must deal with is the lack of available space on your HDD, you must always have between 12 and 15% of the HDDs overall capacity available for data transfer or risk HDD failure, see below for how we can free up some space;

My first suggestion is to tidy up the data on your HDD so please follow the directions provided below starting with Autoruns http://technet.micro...ernals/bb963902

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

2nd: Download and run TFC from http://www.geekstogo...ds&showfile=187 your computer should automatically re-boot on completion but if not do it manually.

3rd: Defrag your HDD http://www.auslogics...re/disk-defrag/ do this at least once a week in the future, a tidy drive is a faster drive, please note that I am not suggesting that you use any other product or service here.

Do the above and we can move on but meanwhile I suggest you stay away from Utorrents as you are putting yourself at risk of malware attack.

I took those games as example .As u can see on my last post, where is my desktop pic, down there, i only play those games. NEVER would i run skyrim .

Attached Files

Edited by Helger, 18 December 2011 - 01:19 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Thanks for clearing that up, I never looked at your desktop icons in all honesty!
How are you getting on with tidying up the HDD?

Helger

Helger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
cant go over 450MB -.-, i dont understand, what takes so much space. Half takes windows and half? Antivirus, firefox, ATI? What else? Those programs dont take that much space.
I just dont know
Edit: Man i would want to play some games, cant play with this beeping
God i hate my computer

Edited by Helger, 18 December 2011 - 02:09 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
I know you are busy but when you get a chance can you do the following please;

Go to Start then to Run
Type in compmgmt.msc and click Enter
On left side click on Disk Management
On right side you will see your hard drive.
Now I need you to take a screenshot and attach it to your next reply. Do the following to take a screenshot while the above is open and showing on your desktop.

To capture and post a screenshot;
Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload...
then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions courtesy of happyrock :thumbsup:

Helger

Helger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Posted Image