Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Acer ax1420G-U5832 upgrades for high quality gaming?

• Please log in to reply

Eris_5

Eris_5

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have just bought an acer ax1420G-U5832 and I needed to know these things:

1. What upgrades would I need to play the Sims 3 on high quality with minimum lag or glitches?
2. What is the maximum ram upgrade possible?
3. What graphics card would be best for playing the Sims 3 on high quality?

The Sims 3 runs ok with low quality but gets slower and starts glitching when I turn the quality up. I'm just not sure which hardware needs upgrade to improve the speed and smoothness on high: ram, graphics card, etc.

I really appreciate any advice, I have tried to look up this information but am having a hard time getting the specific info I need. I know in order to get great performance I really need a more expensive, powerful computer but since I can't afford that I'm looking to slowly upgrade this computer as much as I can over the next year or two.

Edited by Eris_5, 18 December 2011 - 08:09 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts
Hi and :welcome: Eris_5
If you can confirm the computer @ http://www.walmart.c...#Specifications as your computer I see two things that you need to consider when upgrading 1: Any new graphics card must be the low profile type and 2: you will also need to upgrade your PSU (power supply unit) and as the PC is the small form factor (SFF) type you will need to measure the present PSU and check for any headroom inside the case as most PSUs will be too large and so not fit, look at the Q&A tab and the customer reviews at the link that I provided for confirmation.

Eris_5

Eris_5

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you for the advice on what I would have to consider while upgrading the power supply and graphic card I appreciate it. :happy:

Does anyone know the maximum ram upgrade on this computer?

I have found that its 8gb or 4gb depending on the website I don't know which is the right one. I know it has dual ram slots and one website said max was 2gb for each another said 4gb.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts
Hi Eris_5
Use the Crucial system scanner tool to find the best recommended Ram for your system, no need to purchase from there, write down the details and shop around for the best deal http://www.crucial.c...ner/?click=true let us know what is suggested and we can also look for you, having 8GB of Ram will enable you to get the best performance from your Windows 7 64-bit OS :thumbsup:

Eris_5

Eris_5

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you so much that makes things alot less complicated, appreciate the help! :happy:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts
You are most welcome and please let us know if we can assist you with anything further :thumbsup: