Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan:DOS/Alureon.E detected after a format/clean install of win7

• Please log in to reply

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

21-12-2011 19:02:52, Error: Microsoft Antimalware [3002] - Microsoft Antimalware Real-Time Protection feature has encountered an error and failed. Feature: Behavior Monitoring Error Code: 0x80004005 Error description: Unspecified error Reason: The filter driver requires an up-to-date engine in order to function. You must install the latest definition updates in order to enable real-time protection.
21-12-2011 19:02:27, Error: Disk [11] - The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.
21-12-2011 08:33:36, Error: Microsoft Antimalware [3002] - Microsoft Antimalware Real-Time Protection feature has encountered an error and failed. Feature: Behavior Monitoring Error Code: 0x80004005 Error description: Unspecified error Reason: The filter driver requires an up-to-date engine in order to function. You must install the latest definition updates in order to enable real-time protection.

Errors 1 & 3: MSSE is not up to date from what I read. Can you check for windows updates? Do they work? See if that have any Optional updates for MSSE.

Error 2. I'm not sure which drive that they are complaining about so I would do the following for all drives (one at a time):

1. Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check: C:, D:, F:
2. Click Properties, and then click Tools.
3. Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed,
4. Check both boxes and then click Start.
You will receive the following message:
The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?
Click Yes to schedule the disk check. Restart.

Advertisements