Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop cannot turn on without the cord

• Please log in to reply

James Nguyen

James Nguyen

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I bought my laptop (Sony Vaio F Windows 7) 11 months ago and this occurred just several months ago because I didn't mind and because of school but now it just gets annoying. Basically, one day, when I took my battery out when it was charging (my fault, found out that it's bad to take out the battery when your laptop is on) and the day after that, the laptop never accepted the battery anymore. I first thought it was a battery problem so I tried it on another laptop and it works just fine. I also tried another battery but my laptop still won't accept it. So, I am guessing something it wrong with the circuit in the board or what specific part is in needed care?

I am posting here because Sony has not been that helpful so far on answering my questions and they believe that the battery is the problem and I just want to make sure before I do anything? Also, I am a newbie when it comes to this but warranty does not cover any thing after purchase so this would cost some money right? Does anyone know how much it would cost on average?

Thank You,

James

Advertisements