Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Enableing Laptop Screen

• Please log in to reply

zoltain

zoltain

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Hi, I have a weird problem. I somehow disabled my laptop screen and cannot remember how I did it and now am unable to undo it. (I'm 90% sure its a setting I changed myself but I could be wrong) Basically when I turn on my computer the screen works perfect going through bios and windows 7 start-up. The problem is when the desktop loads the screen goes black. It is still on but the desktop wont display. The only way I can use the computer is to use an external monitor. I've tried all the fn+f# combos that are related to the display as well as all the various settings under "Screen Resolution" (Duplicate, only show on display 1, only show on display 2 & extend desktop.) When i change these settings the screen flashes but either goes completely dark(off) or returns to the "on" black. I also couldn't find the solution/setting in the NVidia Control Panel. Below are my system specs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Type: Sager NP8170
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 2820QM @ 2.30GHz 41 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (9-9-9-27)
Motherboard
CLEVO P170HM3 (SOCKET 0)
Graphics
M370NV (1920x1080@60Hz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M -(driver vrs. 4.2.710)
Hard Drives
244GB INTEL SSDSC2MH250A2 (SATA-SSD)
733GB Seagate ST9750420AS (SATA) 21 °C
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633F
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Edited by zoltain, 19 December 2011 - 10:03 PM.

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts
Hi, The usual settings are to be found using the F keys(with or without using the Fn key..... However as you have tried that it might be best to go here:
http://www.sagernote...hp?page=support
they should be able to talk you through the steps to take
Regards
paws