Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Website Problems. Router? Drivers?

• Please log in to reply

Thexgene14

Thexgene14

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Problem:

This site is not loading My College Site

This is just one example. Most of the sites I go to work perfectly. However, randomly I'll reach a site that just will not work. The above site is the one that I frequent so its really the only problem.

Normally the site will not work at all no matter how long I let it load. However, again, randomly it will work and load one or two pages VERY slowly and then stop working again.

What Works?

Another computer on the same connection:

Connection: Wireless Netgear USB adapter

Direct Connection:

Cat5 connected directly from the Router/Modem.

Any Other Connection:

Starbucks, at school, girlfriend's house etc...its the same computer. Same security settings. Just won't work at my home connection.

How Am I connected? Computer Specs:

Hp Pavilion Dm4t-1200 Link
Netgear Wireless N 150 ADSL2 + Modem Router Link
Windows 7 Home Edition 64 Bit
Firefox (Latest Version) 64 bit

My Thoughts:

The real problem I am having is pinpointing the problem itself. It works on other wireless connections. It works on another computer with the same wireless router setup.

I've tried different browsers. 32 bit and 64 bit. I've installed the latest wireless drivers and updated my router's firmware. I've disabled windows firewall (The only one I am running). Maybe I'm missing something simple but this seems like a very odd problem. Also, if you couldn't tell its obviously NOT the site itself. Its a problem on my end. I just don't know what. I hope you guys can help. Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.

Advertisements