Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop screen assembly

• Please log in to reply

Rascle53

Rascle53

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
Well im back again. previously i was asking about a laptop screen that was very dark an could only see with a bright light upon it. I changed the inverter,and the back light tube,im gettin light now, but its mostly at the bottom of the screen, and on the right center of the screen thers a thick white and a thin red line. .. What the heck did i do wrong? I've been on youtube and looked at various videos,an they all have done as i have ( or so it looks ).Any suggestions?
Rascle

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
If you have double checked to ensure you have installed everything correctly, and no wires are pinched, crimped or loose, then my guess is the inverter is not an exact replacement and you may need to send it back and get one from another source. If you connect an external monitor to the notebook does the display look correct? If so, then that pretty much rules out the graphics card/integrated solution.

Rascle53

Rascle53

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
yes i have had it hooked to a external monitor,,works just fine,,put the orional inverter back in just for curiousity sake,,still the same,some how, im not gettin the inner pannels right, but sure as heck dunno how els to put them in,they only go in one way.
Thanks for the reply
Rascle

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Then that suggest the internal cable/connector is damaged, or the notebook's panel itself.