Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer will not boot properly

• Please log in to reply

Fang'gar

Fang'gar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
um sorry what is HWMonitor? sorry im being such a nuisance

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts
The link I provided earlier http://www.cpuid.com.../hwmonitor.html

To capture and post a screenshot;
Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload...
then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions courtesy of happyrock :thumbsup:

Fang'gar

Fang'gar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
oh darn! sorry i didn't see that! ok here's the picture

Attached Thumbnails

• loser.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts
Ok no worries, I was after some voltage readings but there are none shown.
I will leave you to reseat the video card and post back when you can, if after you remove and reseat the card the screen is the same please remove the video card altogether and connect to the MBs onboard video port and see if that works ok.
I will be going offline myself shortly but will check back in the morning UK time, good luck.

Fang'gar

Fang'gar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
ok thank you! good night

Fang'gar

Fang'gar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
hi um can u help me find it (the video card)? um heres what my comps insides look like. is it the green thing?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

thanks

Edited by Fang'gar, 30 December 2011 - 07:23 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts
Hi Fang'gar
The inside of your case looks reasonably clean however the grey card is the one that needs removing and the slot blowing out.

NB: Going offline now for around 4hrs due to other comittments but online all weekend forthwith :thumbsup:

Fang'gar

Fang'gar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
o um wait just to be sure-- it's this one right? thanks

Posted Image

Edited by Fang'gar, 31 December 2011 - 12:10 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts
Correct :thumbsup:

Fang'gar

Fang'gar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
omg im really sorry for leaving you! i had a lot of school work to catch up to and i kinda didn't know how to take out the card, but now i know.. um how hard do you have to pull on it? i already took out the screw and i pulled but it wouldn't come out..the green one did, which i pulled out by accedent

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts
No worries, it is not a question of how hard you pull the card just remember to first gently move the MB slots retaining clip and withdraw the card straight up, blow out the slot and replace the card securely, no excessive force is needed at any time as this can damage both the MB and card.
If you still have no luck refer to post #19 and try the MBs integrated video chip.

Fang'gar

Fang'gar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
ok, hi. um i just tried to wiggle out the video card, but it only half of it partly came out and the other half is just stuck inside the slot.. um is it okay to just use the computer in safe mode with networking daily? because i don't know how to properly remove all the pieces inside to blow off the dust so i might take it to the store i bought the computer from and pay them to clean it?

thanks

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts
Hi Fang'gar
From post #26

just remember to first gently move the MB slots retaining clip and withdraw the card straight up

Look inside your case where the video card sits inside the slot on the MB, the part of the card that is not coming out will be held in place by either a small plastic lever that needs to be gently moved sideways to release the card or it may have a round door handle shaped locking device that must also be gently moved sideways to free the card, once the locking device is moved sideways the card can be withdrawn straight up.

Fang'gar

Fang'gar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
hi again... um is it this thing?:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
Posted Image
i tried to move it left but nothing works and it seems fragile. or do i move it downwards? I don't really see any other hooks.

Edited by Fang'gar, 18 January 2012 - 06:34 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts
No that is not it.
I have to go to work now and will not be back online until about 1800GMT, I will then provide an example picture to show you what you are looking for.