Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer will not boot properly

• Please log in to reply

Fang'gar

Fang'gar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Ok thank you very much!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,014 posts
It is very hard to tell from the MB picture if there is any type of retaining device or not!
I have put a couple of arrows where you should check see below;

Fang'gar

Fang'gar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
There isn't anything else that i can see from there since the fan thing is blocking the way
Posted Image
Posted Image

and this is the only screw, at the back
Posted Image

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,014 posts
See pages 12 and 13 http://bizsupport2.a...5/c00873755.pdf

Fang'gar

Fang'gar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
ok sorry

um omg ok so i did the steps and removed bracket cover and i tried to "gently rock it back and forth" while pulling on it but it didn't even move!! i also tried to rock it while pulling really hard until i was lifting the computer but it still didn't even move a centimeter!!! omg! i want to break something :blush: :bashhead: Posted Image

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,014 posts
This suggests that there is a locking device of some sort then, see the .jpeg I have attached and note the arrow, is that a lever? if not check the other side of the slot, if there is no lever it may be a spring loaded plastic pin that you draw out, remove the card and allow the pin to return back.

Note: The older MBs that only had pci slots did not have locking devices, AGP and PCI-E however do.

Fang'gar

Fang'gar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
there isn't anything on the other side :( :( it's the same lever as this one before when i posted.
Posted Image

and someone from somewhere else said this:
I happen to have my case open at the moment. The little pin that hold the card is only about 1/6" inch, and you would pull the tab towards the capacitor. Can you lift that end of the card while pulling the tab?

You can't see the pin, but it is attached to the plastic tab that is covered in dust in your picture. The tab is attached to the card connector. The capacitor is the round black thing that looks like a miniature soda can. Both of these are in the center of the red circle in your pic, the tab is just to the right of the capacitor.

do u think it's this?
Posted Image

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,014 posts
I am sorry Fang'gar but I cannot see much in your picture, I can say however what your arrow is pointing to is nothing to do with it.
Please remove the add on card in the PCI slot next to your video card so you have more room and better visibility to work.

Please refer back to my picture and info in post #36 for where you should be looking

Fang'gar

Fang'gar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
ok, i'm really sorry for the delay! :blush: :blush: ok so i managed to take it out and blow on it and when i put it back and booted my comp there were still lots of white lines :( :(

thank you

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,014 posts
Please see my post #5 regarding using the MBs integrated video chip, remove the add on video card first!

Hi Fang'gar
Your PC has an add on video card GeForce 7500LE + the MB has an integrated video chip, first in Safe Mode try updating the drivers for the add on video card available @ http://h10025.www1.h...356770&sw_lang= if this does not resolve the issue let us know and we can look at other options which include reseating the card and removing the card and using the MBs onboard video chip, links below to help.
PC http://h10025.www1.h...product=3356770
MB http://h10025.www1.h...cname=c00864946

Advertisements

Fang'gar

Fang'gar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
ok, i'll try that. also when i tried to go into safe mode, the zcreen got stuck on the loading drivers or something and it was there for a really long time

Fang'gar

Fang'gar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
opps.

Edited by Fang'gar, 23 February 2012 - 11:09 AM.