Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

It all started with a fake Anti-Virus.

• Please log in to reply

Jacob Mullins

Jacob Mullins

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Of course, browsing the web, occasionally I run into an AD with an imbedded virus (I was running palemoon which I didn't have AdBlock Plus Installed on.), this happened on me and my Ex's computer but I got it the worst.

I saw it come up and immediately I began to search for it, found it and removed it, But then I noticed my Processor usage was at 100%
and after owning this computer for two years, That Hardly EVER happens, it has begun to pose a problem, PING*32.exe is running.

Of course I know what Ping.exe is, I'm not sure who or what the virus is pinging, But I'm monitoring the packets, It's the same person every time,
just like the others every time, it restarts after 3 minutes, I have tried numerous attempts to remove it.

I have tried ComboFix (Although once rebooting and removing while it was creating the report, it hung up after 2 hours),
I have also tried running TDSS Killer from Kaspersky,
I ran Malware-bytes,
Microsoft Security Essentials (Never found anything),
Trend micro no longer has a free online scanner (That I saw.)
Emsisoft Anti-malware.

I've tried numerous attempts to remove whatever is causing Ping.exe to run, I can't find it, No matter how hard I look,
so, I'm resorting to the only place I know to go in time of need, The internet.

I saw a post on this forum regarding the same issue, A few scans, Specific file locations, I just ran OTL and here is the report I have.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
-Jacob

Attached Files

Advertisements

Jacob Mullins

Jacob Mullins

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Also a side note, I was going to simply block out ping.exe until it has been resolved, I went to start windows firewall but as I tried to start the service it tells me that it has been marked for deletion, a long with a few others.

Jacob Mullins

Jacob Mullins

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Temporarily, I have created a killscript that doesn't take up near as much memory or CPU as ping.exe Don't know how long it will continue to go on, I created a batch file with taskkills /IM ping.exe /F posted every 30th line about a million times, So hopefully that will help a little bit until it is resolved. ^^

so no rush. :)