Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pc slow at start up and no icons on it for about 5 minutes after start

• Please log in to reply

Tariq Ahamed

Tariq Ahamed

• Pip
  • 7 posts
My question is that my pc is very much slower at start up i dont know what happen it recently showed that type of behaviour my pc is compaq t4500 i cant restore it says that no changes have been made. I think it got some virus problem because i recently got infected by torjans and and other spywares and also my advance system care shows security threats found also i have tried to update my pc drivers and then i got problem in my internet connec. And i have to install incomplete updates i think that may be causing problem plz help thanks in advance

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I suspect that you have some malware on your computer causing issues that we are not able to solve through means we can use here in the Tech Forums. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found HERE. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

Tariq Ahamed

Tariq Ahamed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I thank you from the core of heart for your precious time. However i have disinfected about 379 files of pc also typed msconfig in run box and choosed normal startup which was previously switched to selective start up i have been able to make my start up process quicker but my advanced system care your system not running in full potential and shows security threats also it shows system errors and performance errors. While i connect my mobile with pc using usb i am not able to switch to data storage mode it says that memory card in use while i have had all apps closed in my mobile.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

However i have disinfected about 379 files of pc also typed msconfig in run box and choosed normal startup which was previously switched to selective start up i have been able to make my start up process quicker but my advanced system care your system not running in full potential and shows security threats also it shows system errors and performance errors.

This is why I still suspect a hidden infection. By your own admission it still shows threats.

Tariq Ahamed

Tariq Ahamed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Now what should i do to clean these errors and how could they be removed is formating my pc only solution i dont want to loose my data

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm not telling you format and that would be the last thing anyone would suggest.
My steps are as followed.
  • Have system gone through by our malware techs to make sure you do not have any hidden malware still on your system
  • Once the above is done then and only then I can assist you with any hardware or software issues that MAY or May Not be causing the issue.

The first step is the most crucial as that will ensure that it is not a infection causing all this.
The OS system and performance errors can be caused by a infection and if they do not resolve once system is declared healthy then we can work from a Tech point of view of finding and resolving the issue.

Tariq Ahamed

Tariq Ahamed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you brother i have been able to make my pc run much faster than earlier and have removed 9 new hidden viruses from it thanks once again

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

have removed 9 new hidden viruses from it thanks once again

This confirms my thinking that you still need the malware techs to go through your system with deeper scans to find hidden malware that normal AV programs may miss. They still may be the root of your issue I'm guessing.