Thanks. I managed to fix it, though. It was a simple case of forgetting to connect the CD/DVD drive to the power supply in the computer.
Anyway, here's what I've done so far.
1) Reset both drives to non-raid disks.
2) I copied my music from the hard drive that formally didn't work to a USB stick
3) I deleted the raid volume
4) I created a new raid volume - I used raid level 0 config. for better performance. I think the raid level 1 config. is worthless if I make system image backups to an external drive.
5) I deleted all partitions on both hard drives.
6) The operating system disc is now formatting and installing Windows XP.
Now, I'll wait and see what the end result is. I've never used the raid level 0 config. before so I'm not sure what's going to happen.
Edit: I'll see if this fixes the colored lines on the monitor.
Edited by Sode no Shirayuki, 27 December 2011 - 08:25 PM.