Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

java.bytver.a,b,g & watson debugger [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

preiseahn

preiseahn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Got it.

Thanks so much.

Advertisements

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
You are welcome.

One last question if you dont mind, did your firewall alert say whether the alert was for an incoming intrusion attempt or an outgoing connection attempt?

UKBiker

preiseahn

preiseahn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I'm not sure whether it was incoming or outgoing.

Also, I am (was) completely up-to-date on patches/updates. And exploit warning is still coming full speed. I've tried doing some searching and lots of people are getting this problem, apparently. The Trend Micro site has its own page for the warning and it says this:

"This detection is not a detection for the vulnerability of your machine. If you got this warning, it is an indication that a malicious piece of code passed through your network or your machine, but was detected by Trend Micro as MS04-011_LSASS_EXPLOIT.

If you have patched your system against the LSASS Vulnerability, then your system should be safe from the damage that may be brought about by this exploit code. "

So, if I'm patched against I should be fine, right? I think I'm patched.

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hi

Microsoft patched this vulnerability a while ago, but it is worthwhile checking that you are fully patched anyway. As long as you cleaned out the java cache and all your temps etc as i described before, then purged the system restore by switching it off, rebooting and switching restore back on again tocreate a new, clean restore point you are probably OK. An infected system restore point was probably why you were getting detections from the AV applications but they were unable to fix the problem.

Make sure that you get the applications I suggested, especially ApywareBlaster and Spywareguard, they will give you a good multilayered defence against all the nasties out there.

have a good look around the site here, there is a lot of interesting stuff. Any questions, feel free to PM me.

UKBiker

preiseahn

preiseahn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Alright. Thanks.

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.