Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bios for Excalibur Radeon 9600XT Turbo Platinum

• Please log in to reply

beau2

beau2

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I screwed the bios to my HIS Excalibur 9600XT Turbo Platinum card when I flashed it with a generic ATI bios file. :tazz: Unfortunately, I did not save the original bios file. My little exercise resulted in not being able to boot my PC. I have not been able to obtain a bios from HIS nor from any of the ATI websites.

Fortunately, I was able to retrieve the situation by using a PCI video card to boot up with and then flashing my Excalibur card with a bios file for a similarly specified 'Sapphire' card. My card now seems to be working ok.

However, I would like to flash it with the correct manufacturer's bios (HIS). So far my emails to HIS tech support has fielded nil respones. If anyone has this card could you kindly email me a copy of your bios file?

Thanking you,

Advertisements

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/

They dont have a HIS bios but ..

Go down to Sapphire and get the latest 9600XT 128mb and try that one first

What program are you using to flash the bios?

beau2

beau2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the reply. It was the Sapphire bios "Sapphire 9600 XT 128 MB" with Core Clock 500MHz and 325MHz for mem speed that I used to retirieve the situation :tazz: As far as knowing what program I used to flash the bios I am not sure. I used the 'advanced' download and downloaded bootable CD-ROM iso image of the Sapphire bios.

All I want to do is just reflash my card with the original HIS bios.

Thanks

http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/

They dont have a HIS bios but ..

Go down to Sapphire and get the latest 9600XT 128mb and try that one first

What program are you using to flash the bios?

View Post