Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Browsers wont connect

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I've had a search round for this problem but can't find anything similar. Recently my browsers have started not being able to find any websites. At first I thought it might be my rubbish router, however my housemates are able to access everything as normal. eMule is able to connect to servers and users, however everytime I try to log on to msn messenger or any browser (Firefox and IE) I cannot connect. I just get a website not found message. Anyone got any ideas why this might be and what I can do to sort it out?

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Hi stebo and Welcome to Geeks to Go

Sorry to hear about your problem. That must be frustrating. I suspect you have an malware infection of some kind. So what you need to do is to read our advice Here and follow it step by step. Quite possibly the WinsockXPFix for Windows XP/2000/NT will fix your problem, but even if so go ahead with the rest of the advice. you will be ask to post a Hijack This log in the malware section of this forum. Please do so. Malware removal experts there will help you remove the infection and if you still have problems after your system is cleaned out post again. :tazz:

Edited by StarHawk, 02 June 2005 - 10:03 AM.