Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network Adapters?

• Please log in to reply

Hailegiorgis

Hailegiorgis

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I recently lost m y interent connection. and cant seem to download and install my LAN dirvers again. I dont know what to do or what to try to fix this problem. I went to Device manager and Ipconfig/all and this is what i found.

Attached Thumbnails

• photo2.PNG
  • photo3.PNG

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
:welcome: Hailegiorgis
You need to provide information about your computer, this includes is it a laptop or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is provide the model name or series number (not serial) providing these details will enable others to better assist you.

Things you can do 1: Download the Network Adapter drivers to a thumbdrive using another computer 2: Uninstall the device and the device drivers, reboot and let the Hardware Wizard install the device 4: Install the device drivers.
Post back with your computer details so we can look for the drivers you will need.

Hailegiorgis

Hailegiorgis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
okay, i have a gateway computer desktop. 500 series windows XP, Intel stuff.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
http://support.gatew...px?modelId=2596

Hailegiorgis

Hailegiorgis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ok. ive downloaded both the LAN drivers to my flashrive and "installed" it to my computer. And after a restart, there was no change.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Did you follow the steps as listed in post #2

1: Download the Network Adapter drivers to a thumbdrive using another computer 2: Uninstall the device and the device drivers, reboot and let the Hardware Wizard install the device 4: Install the device drivers.

Hailegiorgis

Hailegiorgis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
okay, it says :
The file `e100b325.sys` on intel PRO Network Connections CD-Rom or floppy disk is needed.
Type the parth the file is located , and then slick OK.

And it only gives me the choice of 4 different areas where it says that the files are but not the thub drive that im trying to get it off of.

Hailegiorgis

Hailegiorgis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Here is a picture:

Attached Thumbnails

• photo4.PNG

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Can you open the thumb-drive and copy (drag and drop) the drivers to your desktop then install them from there.

Hailegiorgis

Hailegiorgis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
okay i think that I properly installed it from your directions and then restarted the computer. But i still dont have internet access and get the messeage that windows could not load the drivers for this device in the device manger.

Attached Thumbnails

• photo5.PNG

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Have you checked the Device Manager? Any yellow ! or red Xs there, again I ask;

Did you follow the steps as listed in post #2

1: Download the Network Adapter drivers to a thumbdrive using another computer 2: Uninstall the device and the device drivers, reboot and let the Hardware Wizard install the device 4: Install the device drivers.

If you do not follow the above procedure you will get driver conflicts.

Hailegiorgis

Hailegiorgis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
uh oh, i think when i tried to install drivers before i go to this website i didnt follow those steps, but yes i did that procedure the past couple times but not a few times before that. yes there are yellow exclamation marks. (check one of the first couple posts for a picture.)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

yes there are yellow exclamation marks. (check one of the first couple posts for a picture.)

I mean since you tried the fresh install.
You should also try updating your chipset drivers http://support.gatew...px?modelId=2596

Hailegiorgis

Hailegiorgis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I just tried the chipset drivers and still no internet acces or change in device manager. Here are the yellow exclamtion marks in device manager as of now.

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo6.PNG

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
There is a possibility that this is a hardware and not a software issue, this will mean opening the case to check the device which by the way I am sure you have noticed is listed as Unknown in the Device Manager, while the case is open the opportunity should be taken to clean out any heat trapping dust, see my canned speech on how to do this safely but include the Lan card;

If the computer needs cleaning out, first remove the power cord from the wall and open up the case, take anti static precautions before touching anything inside, you can do this by touching a bare metal part of the case, remove the video card, blow out the slot and re-seat the card securely, do the same with the memory sticks, clean all internal fans, if you use canned compressed air do not let any fan spin freely this can damage them, use something like a clean lollipop stick to hold the fan.
Make sure all internal connections are secure and that there are no loose components, write down the psu details (make and model) re-assemble the computer, boot up and see how it goes.

Just a cautionary note, if you do use canned compressed air do not upend the can as it is possible for fluid to be emitted.