Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 PC fails to connect to wi-fi via Apple AirPort Express Base

• Please log in to reply

adifrank

adifrank

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Hi. I'm cat sitting for a friend who flew to India. I just entered the apartment. My friend gave me the password for the wi-fi. I can see the network on the available wi-fi networks in the area, but it fails to connect.
I believe the problem has to do with my computer being a PC (windows 7) and the router being an Apple AirPort Express.
I did a bit of reading on the web but still haven't found a solution to my problem.
Here are the things I've tried so far:
1) connected to modem directly via network cable - WORKS! So internet is okay, it's just the wi-fi.
2) I tried letting Windows 7 auto troubleshoot the problem, but it FAILED
3) I found a post on the web saying that I need to download & install the AirPort Base Station Utility. So I downloaded the installation file from here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1391 and installed. Disconnected the AirPort Express from the A/C and reconnected. Waited for the light to become green. But my computer will still not connect. FAILED.

My laptop is an HP Pavilion g4-1117dx. Network card is 802.11b/g/n.

If anyone knows how I can overcome this problem, please let me know :)
Thanks!

Edited by adifrank, 25 December 2011 - 04:30 PM.

Advertisements