Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

regedit.exe

• Please log in to reply

Lorna

Lorna

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I get this error message when I try to repair my computer with RegistryFix3.o program....Windows cannot find regedit.exe. Make sure you have typed the name correctly, and try again...
I have done a search and cannot find it in run and search. But my hard drive shows that regedit.exe is on the drive. Therefore I cannot repair my Registry. I have files missing after I removed the virus Trojan Horse Keenval.k. Thats why I purchased RegistryFix. Can anyone help?
Lorna

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi Lorna. Welcome to Geeks to Go. If you go to start, run and type regedit
what happens? Registry editor should open. If it doesn't, indeed you have a problem. Do you have a windows install cd? You could try doing start, run and type
sfc /scannow You will need to have the windows install cd in the cd drive so windows can get the files it needs.

:tazz:

Lorna

Lorna

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
auston o, done what you suggested, put disk etc , nothing happened.
A black screen flashed on for a second, then went off.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Do you still get the same error? You could try doing a repair of windows. This is a link to the procedure to follow (at the top of this forum)

http://www.geekstogo...ws_XP-t138.html

Lorna

Lorna

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks I will try a repair
Lorna