Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Load Res_dll

• Please log in to reply

jerosakireno

jerosakireno

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I left my laptop computer on for a couple days, never installed or uninstalled anything in that time, & when I came back, Avast detected a threat, and I now I keep getting this little pop up telling me "Can't load Res_dll". I try to exit out of the little box & it pops right back up in a matter of seconds. After searching a little on this error message, I see that it could be related to the linksys wireless router that I have. It's what I connect to the internet with, but I have never updated, downloaded, or changed anything about it so I don't know how this is happening now. I'm seeing that I need to uninstall the driver using the disk, then re-install using the website. The problem with that is, someone gave me this router to connect to the internet, they never gave me a disk. Is there any way I can remove/re-install without the disk? How can I fix this problem?

And I'm afraid that if I start uninstalling stuff for the wireless router, that I wont be connected to the internet anymore, thus not allowing me to even go and get the drivers off the website.

And I have the model number for the router, but I have no idea what series it is.

MODEL # WUSB54GC

Advertisements