Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

restore to factory settings

• Please log in to reply

Earl Bailey

Earl Bailey

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i'm running win xp pro how do i restore my computer to factory settings without disc

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,062 posts
Does your computer have a recovery partition on the hard drive? If not then you can't. If it does then you can usually access it by pressing a Fn key during boot, often F11, but that varies with the manufacturer.

Post an screen shot of Disk Management and we can figure out if you have one or not.

To open Disk Management, press Winkkey+r (next to the left Ctrl key), type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter or click GO.

Vista and Windows 7: How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista - Vista Forums (says it's for Vista but also works with Win 7).

XP: CAPTURE - How to capture screen images (screen shots), Windows Made Easy

UPLOAD IMAGE - How to upload into your thread, Windows Made Easy