Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

only 16 colours

• Please log in to reply

kash-lee

kash-lee

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I'm using windows 98 and had to restore my system. i now only have 16 or 2 colours. my speakers also produce no sound. i havnt got the drivers on disk because i got the computer off of sumone else. i have put a report on here from everest and i'm hoping that sumone will be able to tell me what driver i need to download and from where. if it is possible could you plz help me.

thanx

Attached Files

Edited by kash-lee, 02 June 2005 - 04:39 AM.

Advertisements

kash-lee

kash-lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Come on guys, don't leave me hangin wit jus 16 colours!

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
Here is a link for your MB onbroad drivers.
FIC Downloads
:tazz:

kash-lee

kash-lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hey guys,

i went to the FIC downloads page and downloaded the graphics driver but for sum weird reason the setup program doesnt opebn and so i cant install it, how come? can anyone help my problem?

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
Most likely its a zip file download and install winzip 9.0 evalvation
Here is a link to the download CLICK HERE Then try to install driver.
:tazz:

kash-lee

kash-lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thats the problem!
i have winzip 9.0! i can unzip the files and everything, when i click on the setup icon it starts to work and says its setting up the install wizard and then nothing happens after that!

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Your computer may have the nimda worm. It damages certain files, including one used the displaying the license agreement for installations. You can download the nimdascan application from Symanatec and check out your system. I've have to do it with two computers so far this year.

Then you have to replaced the missing files. You may be able to extract them from the Cab files into the System folder.

kash-lee

kash-lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
no i know its not that wormy thing cos i've only just had my comp restored so i couldnt do, plus i have antivirus and spyware removers!

unknownperhaps

unknownperhaps

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Umm did you try updating the drivers? i mean that happened to me once too all i did was go in to Device Manager and reinstalled my drivers...try that...it might help

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

HERE is the self-loading driver for your video chipset..

Murray

Advertisements

Christopss

Christopss

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
:tazz: where do you find MB onbroad drivers

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Rather than hijack someone else's thread, you would be better served starting your own from now on okay?? :tazz:

On-board drivers can be found either on the systemboard driver cd you may have gotten with your system or are normally available from the manufacturers website!!

Murray

kash-lee

kash-lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I downloaded the auto install thingy and moved it into the driver file yet it still doesnt work. y doesn't anything good happen to me?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
That's because you can't just move it, you have to install it..

Now, go into Device Manager.. right click on the grahics driver shown and select "update driver"..

When it asks where you want to get the update from, point it to the files you downloaded and extracted!!

Murray

kash-lee

kash-lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I've tried that multiple times but it doesnt work, this is so frustrating! im sorry im such a dumbass!