Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fujitsu Lifebook, won't boot.

• Please log in to reply

JeramyM

JeramyM

• Pip
  • 1 posts
T6500, 4gb DDR2, 500gb HDD, Windows 7 64bit. Left the laptop running one night and when i woke up in the morning it had a black screen and would not respond to any buttons. Tested the charger (full voltage), tested the battery (fully charged), tested the ram, HDD, monitor, all in functional order. The connector for the power converter was also electrically tested and works flawlessly. CPU chip does not appear to have any bad connections under visual inspection with a microscope. I don't know enough about to computers to continue on the hunt for problems. Is there any way to test the CPU to make sure it is functional or is there anything that could have fried while the computer was running? How could i test the motherboard? I have two other computers to im not in a hurry to figure out what the issue is but i would like to see if i cant get this computer to work again.

Side note when the computer had a low battery a red light would flash on the computer. This status light does not even come on.

Any help or suggestions? I am new to laptop disassembly and testing so if you would like me to provide any pictures or more information let me know.

Thanks
Jeramy M

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
:welcome: JeramyM

Left the laptop running one night and when i woke up in the morning it had a black screen and would not respond to any buttons.

When you say black screen do you mean the laptop was on but had no display or 100% dead?
Unfortunately there is no way for the average user to test either a CPU or MB without the exact known good replacements to pair one with the other for testing, professional Tech stores however will have the correct testing equipment.

Side note when the computer had a low battery a red light would flash on the computer. This status light does not even come on.

May suggest that the problem is with the MB, anything could have happened overnight when the laptop was left on, a failed CPU fan, a power spike as a couple of examples.