Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Pro will not boot

• Please log in to reply

artheims

artheims

• Pip
  • 2 posts
System had the XP Security 2012 infection. I ran malwarebytes full scan after which the system would not boot but get the stop 7B whenever I tried. Safe mode, last good configuration, or normal mode - all end up with the 7B stop. I did a fixMBR, FixBoot, and chkdsk c: /f with no help. System is only parallel ATA hard drive - no SATA option. I also ran an AVG Rescue CD scan - was clean. I then did an install/repair and it stopped with the "Please wait" screen on the final reboot. Up to that point all appeared normal on the install. I power cycled the laptop and then it indicated an authentication was required before login would be allowed, I selected the "yes" response, and it ran for at least 30 minutes of disk activity without any further screens or options. I did not get any screens allowing me to enter the key for the authentication. Ctl-Alt-Del had no effect. Right or left mouse button had no effect. I then recycled again with the power button and as soon as the initial Windows screen appears, I get the 7B error again.

Advertisements