Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

hyper transport sync flood error

• Please log in to reply

supream53

supream53

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just finished installing a AMD 5770 today. I started playing a game called "arma", set the graphics to high, and started playing. About 5min into the game, it crashed. A black screen with the MSI logo came up saying "hyper transport sync flood error". This continues to happen everytime I play.

After adjusting my settings ie: increasing fan speed, adjusting power, underclocking, ect. It still happens. The GPU stays under 50*C and the CPU stays under 35*C.

My CPU may be lacking volts, im not sure if this is true though.
Any ideas?

750W 80-bronze
MSI 880G-E45
windows 7 32-bit
XFX HD 5770 factory overclocked ( I underclocked it to standard )
phenom II 4X 840
8gb RAM

Edited by supream53, 26 December 2011 - 07:40 PM.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
Hi supream53 and :welcome:

My CPU may be lacking volts, im not sure if this is true though.

Why would you say that?

To me, if there was a problem with your CPU, this problem would be happening more often and not just when playing/using one specific program. I would look at updates at the game maker's site and make sure the drivers for your graphics solution are updated.

I would also reset the BIOS to make sure all voltage settings are at the default settings. Check the MSI website for your board to make sure you have the latest BIOS version. While there, check the QVL (qualified vendors lists) for RAM to see if your RAM is listed. Note there are too many RAM makers and models for board makers to test them all so (unlike CPUs) you don't have to buy from the list, but you do need to buy RAM with the same specs as RAM on the list. You might try running with just 4Gb of RAM at a time and see what happens. Swap out with the other 4Gb and test again.

One thing that does keep coming up in my searches is this seems to be predominantly a problem with MSI boards running AMD processors.