Problems With Dell XPS 410
Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:56 PM
Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:32 PM
What sounds are you referring to exactly?
It will now show welcome screen but I hear the sounds
What is the last driver it shows loading when it freezes?
I tried using safe mode and now it freezes while loading
Replaced the graphics card for it too out the battery from the motherboard and put it back and still nothing
Are you saying you are not even getting any post screens? This confuses me as how you know it freezes then when attempting to go into safe mode.
Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:37 PM
Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:19 PM
Repair Installation Instructions
· Insert your Windows XP CD in your CD-ROM and then Restart your computer.
· At the first post screen start tapping the Del key to enter System Bios
· Find the Advance Options or Boot Sequence screen.
· You will need to change the boot sequence so that the CDrom is first and the HD is second.
· Press F10 to Save and Exit and then press Enter to accept.
· The system will now reboot
· When the "Press any key to boot from CD" message is displayed on your screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD.
· When you see the following message displayed on the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER
· To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.
· At this point an option to press R to enter the Recovery Console is displayed. DO NOT SELECT THIS OPTION.
· On the Windows XP Licensing Agreement screen, press F8 to agree to the license agreement.
· Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected and highlighted in the box, and then press the R key to repair Windows XP.
· Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Setup.
You can also go HERE
to read a step by step tutorial with screenshots.
Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:47 AM
It has been 26 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users