Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help connecting the fan control on NZXT Lexa S to the PSU!

• Please log in to reply

Tempestas

Tempestas

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am in the process of putting together my first computer. All is good and dandy other than not being able to connect the fan controllers on the front of my NZXT Lexa S case to my Corsair GS800. There are two sets of cords for the fan controllers, one for each nob. For each set there is one cable (red for one, blue for the other) that goes on for about a foot then branches off into two male heads, both of which have two prongs on the inside. I have no clue as to where these should be inserted and any help would be great.

Thanks,
Austin

EDIT: **Forgot to mention that on the heads of each of the cables, there is are two that have the number 1 (I would assume this tells which fan controller it corresponds to) or a number 2.**

Edited by Tempestas, 28 December 2011 - 05:12 AM.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Hi Ausin and :welcome:

Sadly, the Lexa S manual is not much help. You probably need some sort of power cable adapter but since the manual does not show what it looks like, you will have to do some hunting.

compyHaX

compyHaX

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Austin. I just finished putting the guts of my Dell Inspiron 530 into the NZXT Lexa S. I too was wondering what to do with the cords labelled 1 and 2, but I figured it out.
On all the fans that you have, there are 3 connections. The four pin connections that fit into a cord from your power supply (there's a male and a female end) and then there is the standard 3 pin fan connections. Normally these go directly to the motherboard, but if you want to utilize the fan controls, this is what you need to do.

Plug the fan control 4 pin plug into a spare plug from your power supply.
Then, plug the 3 pin fan connections into those wires labelled 1 or 2.
The fans plugged into the 1 cord should be the fan at the front of the case, and the fan on the side of the case. These are your air intake fans, and by plugging them both into wire 1, you control those fans by the left control knob.
The fans on the back and top of the case should be plugged into the cord labelled 2. These are the exhaust fans, and are controlled by the right knob.

Important note: if you plug the fans directly into a cord coming from your power supply, you will not have any control over the speed of your fans.

Hope this helps.