Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can not reply to this topic, WHITE DESK TOP.

• Please log in to reply

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Very good. More to go.

Open Firefox, and type the following into the address bar:

about:config

In the Filter box at the top of that display, type in each of the following, one at a time, and make the changes I suggest below each please:

network.proxy.http

Right click that when it shows in the Preference Name list, and select Modify. Then just delete anything that shows in that box (so it is then blank).

network.proxy.http_port

Right click/Modify and enter 0 (the number zero).

network.proxy.type

Right click/Modify and also enter 0 (the number zero).

Those changes will be completed once Firefox is closed and re-opened.

----------

Right click My Computer, left click Manage.

In that menu click Device Manager.

When the Device Manager display opens click View - Show hidden devices.

Then in the list below that click the plus symbol (+) next to the following to expand that list:

Non-Plug and Play Drivers

In that list locate the following items, right click each and select Uninstall. Be sure to say yes to the warning, but No to the reboot after each:

MpKsl19409cc2
MpKsl90d641ff
MpKslb31f5ea2
MpKsld065c083
MpKsled994164
MpKslf0b7435f

Security Essentials creates these, then leaves them behind if they fail to run the updates. Just close Device Manager after that.

-----------

cd\
sc delete MpKsl19409cc2
sc delete MpKsl90d641ff
sc delete MpKslb31f5ea2
sc delete MpKsld065c083
sc delete MpKsled994164
sc delete MpKslf0b7435f
Open Notepad (Start - Run, type notepad and press Enter).

Copy/paste the above text (inside the Code box) into the open text box, then save this to your desktop as "changer.bat"

Be sure to include the "" quotes in the name. Then click on changer.bat. A window should open briefly but nothing more.

---------

The logs show WeatherBug installed. Has been an aggressive adware program as long as I can recall, and seeks net access immediately at startup, so slows things down. I suggest you uninstall it through Add/Remove Programs.

---------

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here.

Double Click mbam-setup-1.51.0.1200.exe to install the application.

* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform quick scan", then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
* The log is automatically saved by Malwarebytes and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in Malwarebytes.
* Copy and Paste the entire report in your next reply. If it calls for a reboot to complete the repairs do that as well then.

----------

Disable your antivirus program and click here and download the esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe Eset installer. Then click that file to run the scanner.

If you accept the Terms of Use, check the box and click Start. It will take a couple minutes for the scanner to get ready. When the Computer scan settings display shows, check the following boxes:

Remove found threats
Scan unwanted applications

Next to "Current scan targets: Operating memory, Local drives", click the "Change" word. Make sure you place a check next to all disk drives, including any external drives that are attached (no need to check off the floppy or DVD/CD-Rom drives).

Then click the Advanced option, the place a check next to the following (if it is not already checked):

Enable Anti-Stealth technology

Click Start. This scan may take a while, so please be patient.

If infection is found, at the end of the scan click "List of found threats".

In that display, at the bottom, select the option to save the results as a text file, and save that to your desktop. Post that back here please.

Post that log and the Malwarebytes log please.

Advertisements

Fran7909

Fran7909

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
JINTAN. I HAVE WALPAPER! Wow this computer hasn't run this fast in months. Were did you learn all this ? Thank you.
I just saw your last post and will get busy.

Edited by Fran7909, 29 December 2011 - 06:40 PM.

Fran7909

Fran7909

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I have a problem, Firefox -Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections.

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
In Firefox, go to Help - Restart with Add-ons Disabled. In that "Firefox Safe Mode" display that opens, place checks next to all boxes, then click "Make changes and restart". You can change those later to whatever you prefer, but for now, too many search hijackers have altered things there.

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Missed that - good you have your wallpaper back, but be sure to stay the course and complete all the repairs posted.

Fran7909

Fran7909

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
WeatherBug is not in add or remove programs or in All Programs. This is not new. I tryed to remove this months ago.

Fran7909

Fran7909

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Missed that - good you have your wallpaper back, but be sure to stay the course and complete all the repairs posted.

Oh I will. I've got a little pitbull in me.

Fran7909

Fran7909

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Malwarebytes is 1.60.01800 is the only one I see on this page. Not 1.51.0.1200.is that ok?

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Malwarebytes finally updated their download. Been a bit of a problem the last few days running that older version. Yes, that version is fine.

Fran7909

Fran7909

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
scanning now

Advertisements

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Better to only post when you have the results. Each post alerts me to return here for follow up.

Fran7909

Fran7909

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.0.1800
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2011.12.30.01

Windows XP Service Pack 3 x86 NTFS
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
HP_Owner :: HAPPYBIRTHDAY [administrator]

12/29/2011 8:08:31 PM
mbam-log-2011-12-29 (20-08-31).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 187229
Time elapsed: 4 minute(s), 24 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)
Jintan

With the ESET scan No detection were found and the only options I have are uninstall on close and Finish. I left it open until I'm sure we are finished with it. Thank you

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
No malware found - very good. Run and post a new OTL OTL.txt log, and let's see what remains. Also in your next reply post on any problems we still need to address please.