Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need to install microsoft windows recovery console

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

greenwarrior

greenwarrior

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hello geeks,
(P.S to everyone reading this topic, I only want GeekstoGo staff to give a reply, the reason for this is (because they are more reputed than the general members and I don't intend to say that the members are not trust-able) )
Actually right now I have some problems and I cant download recovery console from Microsoft so if you have recovery console or if you can download it, Can you please do the favor of sending it to me through email or attach to your reply(if possible). I will PM my email id to you if you want to help me. I will be grateful to you and wont forget your help for the rest of my life.
Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
greenwarrior

I only want GeekstoGo staff to give a reply, the reason for this is (because they are more reputed than the general members and I don't intend to say that the members are not trust-able) )

Firstly I feel it necessary to point out to you that there are some non-staff members on this site, who are just as experienced and knowledgeable, in fact a few more so, than Staff members. They, for a number of reasons just do not wish to accept a Staff appointment.

Any way to deal with the issue to hand here are the links for making the recovery console CD.

Recovery Console Disc Image
http://www.thecomput...om/files/rc.iso

Here is the ISO burning program
http://sites.google....-console-for-xp

Using the links above make a recovery console CD, the second link is the special burning software to make a CD from an ISO image. It contains the instructions.

Another link for a recovery console CD is here
Posted with acknowledgement to Artellos - Staff member at GeekstoGo

Please download ARCDC from
http://www.artellos..../click.php?id=5
  • Run the download
  • Follow the dialog until you see 6 options. Please pick: the appropriate Disc selection according to your operating system and service pack.
  • You will be prompted with a Terms of Use by Microsoft, please accept.
  • You will see a few dos screens flash by, this is normal.
  • Next you will be able to choose to add extra files. Select the Default Files.
  • The last window will allow you to burn the disk using BurnCDCC
Your ISO is located on your desktop.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
greenwarrior. When you post in an open forum like this, you don't get to pick and choose who will respond. If you want that kind of control then pay for it.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Ztruker

INDEED and as I said in my reply

Firstly I feel it necessary to point out to you that there are some non-staff members on this site, who are just as experienced and knowledgeable, in fact a few more so, than Staff members. They, for a number of reasons just do not wish to accept a Staff appointment

greenwarrior

greenwarrior

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
(Hi,
Ztruker and macboatmaster I agree with you and I'm really sorry for doing this.

But the reason behind this is ,in my question I asked to send me recovery console through email , And I cant accept it from anyone out of 5,00,000 members. I mean I cant judge their reputation(because downloading files sent from random persons is not safe), right? Evem geekstogo says that they are not responsible for any of the harm caused by anyone here on the forum. Hope you understood.
P.S. And lastly one more thing I wouldnt have did it If I was seeking advice, I did it bcoz I needed a file from someone reputed.)

Actually I have a few doubts in this topic, Isnt there anyway to download recovery console and install it without a CD.

And another doubt,a lil bit off the topic:
Geekstogo does have an IRC channel, right? But I'm new to IRC.
I heard that IRC works on TCP, does that affect my internet in any means?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Please do not concern yourself too much, with the issue.
We have made the point and we understand your stance on the download issue.

Further to that I can assure YOU that the downloads I have sent, which are used all the time on this site are perfectly safe.
Also of course if you ever have a concern at anytime you should, as always, scan the download with whatever protection you use.

Making either of them will take just minutes.

If you have the XP CD and it is a CD that includes the recovery console - the answer is YES of course.

If you are using it for an XP installation that will not presently load the answer is NO.

Once you have XP working you can install the RC as a boot option.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307654

and the short answer to the last is NO
http://www.geekstogo.com/help/

BUT the advice here on this thread, would not have been available in that medium of contact

greenwarrior

greenwarrior

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Thank you for your help very much macboatmaster,
But I again have one more doubt.

Actually you asked me to download the ISO Image for recovery console and copy it to a CD. What I want to know is isn't there anyway to install recovery console without copying it to a CD. You answered this question above but I couldnt understand. I Would like you to reply once more again.

Thank you in advance.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
What do you NOT understand please

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Microsoft's method for installing Recovery Console in XP HERE

This is the method you should use to make sure there is no problem.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
rshaffer61
Good afternoon
HNY for 2012

From my previous

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
HNY to you and everyone Macboatmaster. :thumbsup:
I was only suggesting that the Microsoft approved way to install it is the best option. If that is not viable thne other options can be explored but it is always the best and most efficient way to install it. ;)

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Totally agree, as you would expect - we have both sent greenwarior the SAME LINK

As I read it the first question was

Actually right now I have some problems and I cant download recovery console from Microsoft so if you have recovery console or if you can download it

Well he cannot, as I understand it, as that download is NOT available at Microsoft., so I sent the two downloads for the RC that we use.

greenwarrior then asked

Actually I have a few doubts in this topic, Isnt there anyway to download recovery console and install it without a CD.

which I read as he still thought you could download it AND INSTALL it without a CD (burning ONE) hence my post number 6.

If you have the XP CD and it is a CD that includes the recovery console - the answer is YES of course.

If you are using it for an XP installation that will not presently load the answer is NO.

with as I said the SAME link as you posted.

So either, I owe you an apology OR we are in fact saying the same thing.

greenwarrior
UNLESS I have misunderstood you and if so my colleague rshaffer61 will advise you further, the short answers to your questions are:

1. YOU cannot download the XP Recovery Console from Microsoft. It is not available as a download.
2. The downloads I sent you on my post 2. are for the recovery console itself.
3. If you wish to install the recovery console as a boot option, to use when windows will not for some reason load in normal mode or safe mode, last known good, etc then you use the procedure outlined in the link I sent you on post 6 and that my colleague sent you again on his post 9. THEY ARE THE SAME LINK to the same Microsoft document.

It may help if you were to tell us what your actual problem is - that I think is the way to make progress on the issue.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Rc iso link in first post HERE
This will give you the Recovery Console on a bootable cd. It was posted by one of our Admin a few years back.
The other option is to have a Malware tech join the topic and ask them to do it using one of their Malware tools.

greenwarrior

greenwarrior

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi Macboatmaster,
Im really sorry If im asking the same question again and again. But this is the last time.

Actually without writing recovery console to a CD ,Can I install it directly on my pc?

And I once again apolozise If im annoying you.

Thank you in advance.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It can be done but I would have to contact a Malware tech to do it since it is included in one of their Malware tools.