Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems after reinstallation

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK now I have another trick that may get that video driver updated.

Download DriverMax and have it scan your system. It will open their website with all the out of date drivers you can update. With the free version you can update only 2 drivers per day so if you have a lot of them it will take a few days to get everything updated. I have been using it for about 4 months now and like it better then any other utility out there for keeping my drivers up to date.
I would suggest specifically downloading and letting Drivermax update that video drive.
Second of all please get a screenshot of the list it gives you so I can go through it with you and make sure you get all the drivers in order that will maximize your updates.

Advertisements

jan_jan64

jan_jan64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Oh fantastic, thank you! When i ran it there was a pretty long list of things that need updating, and i couldnt get them all on the screen, but there was only 1 listed as missing, which i assume is teh video driver, so ive downloaded that now. Also, the screenshot wont upload, but ill give it another go and try upload it in another post.

Thanks for all your help!!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Make sure you save the screenshot as jpeg file type or it wont upload.
What is the name of the out of date driver that was found?

jan_jan64

jan_jan64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hm, i got an error message when trying to install the driver :/ I also saved a screenshot as jpeg but it still wont attach :/

The driver name is NVIDIA GeForce GT 545, and the error message reads: The proceedure entry point DecodePointer could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hmm this video driver is just being a pain. There is no reason for this at all with the new installation and every other driver installed with now problem.

jan_jan64

jan_jan64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
I agree.. Do you know what else i can do? none of my games will work without this so..

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Replace the video with a newer add on card and that should take care of the issue.
There seems to be a defective problem with the video itself that it won't allow the updated driver to be installed.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 20 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

jan_jan64

jan_jan64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hello! My appologies for the late reply. No, the problem has not been resolved, im assuming i need a new graphics card and so will need to figure out what i need. I live in Germany and dont speak any German so I was hoping perhaps i would be able to buy one over the internet with english instructions - only now im having another problem with my internet, but i shall put this in a different post as it is a different issue.

Thanks for all the help so far!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK if you need to I can try to locate something for you. :thumbsup:

Advertisements