Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Missing a service!

• Please log in to reply

Master Ryu

Master Ryu

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I am missing the service Windows Manager Browser. I needed to delete that service in the first place to restore my desktop picture that was disabled by a virus.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hello Master Ryu. Welcome to Geeks to Go. Lets make sure I understand, you deleted a file that provides the interface for managing windows services, because of a virus? To make sure we are talking the same language, I mean the window you get if you go to start, my computer, right click, manage. This window allows access to the event viewer, storage, services etc. Is this what you deleted and now want to restore?

Next question, have you made sure your system is clean? We have an excellent guide for malware removal (trojans/virus/worms etc). There is a link at the top of this forum where it says "Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please start here. " I recommend you work your way through the guide if you have not already done so. If you still have trouble after that, post a hijack this log in the malware forum at