Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD/DVD drive not recognized and hard drive test result show "Repla

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 18 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

Advertisements

horseshoe

horseshoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Somehow my order was undeliverable and sent back to the seller and just received yesterday. I will try to install the Mother board within this a week. Hopefully, the installation goes smoothly. I will post back with result.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks for the update and we will watch for your results. :thumbsup:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
Disassembly guide for you http://www.insidemyl...ments/#comments good luck with it.

horseshoe

horseshoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Thank you so much for the link and thank you both for being so patient with my issue. A lot of how to guide suggested to use THERMAL COMPOUND ON CPU & GRAPHIC. Do I really need to do that? I bought the thermal compund but just wanted to make sure that it is necessary before I put it on.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You will need it between the cpu and the heatsink where the fan attaches.
The video card I don't think that one is needed unless your video has a removable heatsink and fan.
It does not take much of the TIM to work. About a Pea size drop and then spread it around the bottom of the heatsink that touches the cpu.

horseshoe

horseshoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Mother board replaced and my laptop including original DVD drive works now. But there are some issues:
(1) wireless network does not work -- windows network diagnostic does not find any problem
(2) touch pad not responding --I am sure that touch pad cable was connected firmly
(3) the LCD panel which also has some touch control (volume, DVD player etc) is not responding
What could be the problem?
Thanks!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sounds like connections not made and most likely the network driver needs to be reinstalled.
Is the motherboard a exact replacement as the original?

horseshoe

horseshoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I think it is exact replacement. Seller site said the original brand is HP and replacement for my model. I visually compare the MB and it looks exactly the same as my old MB.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did they send you any disks or just the motherboard?
Do you have internet access on it yet using a wired connection?

Advertisements

horseshoe

horseshoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
They send me only MB. no disk nor cable..
I just reset my wirelss setting again and now wirelss works.
The only remaining problem now is the touchpad. I try to go to HP to scan for automatic update, but HP cannot recognized my laptop anymore. Is that because I replace the MB?
Two other thisngs that I noticed and don't know if something's wrong?
(1) a few minutes (less than 5) after the power is up,the base of the laptop get verry hot right under where the power button located.
(2) when I turtn off the laptop, i can hear a 'pop' sound then the power shut off. This never happen before.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try this and let me know if the touchpad starts working then. This is not my instructions so I take no credit for it.

Hard Reset:

Sometimes all you need to do is kick the computer. This method works for a variety of connection and ‘stuck’, hung, and stubborn program issues.

Disconnect all external devices first.
Remove AC power and the battery
Press and hold power button for at least 30 seconds
Reinstall only AC power for first startup ** See Note
Power on - Log in
Next time you shut down the system, reinstall battery.

** Note: You can ignore the bit about leaving the battery out. If you like, reinstall battery the first time and be done with it.

horseshoe

horseshoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I follow the instruction but doesn't work.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Found this HERE on how to lock and unlock the touchpad. Let me know if it works. The last post is the one with the actual instructions.

horseshoe

horseshoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I try but doens't work.
Mine has a button to unlock and lock the touchpad. Also a light idicator. Blue is unlocked and red is locked.
However, the light always remain BLUE when I press the button.