Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD/DVD drive not recognized and hard drive test result show "Repla

• Please log in to reply

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Well with the greatest of praise for your very good use of English, it is stil a little difficult to understand, as it is of course not your native language, but I think you are describing, what is known as surface mount technology electronics and is at my best guess a surface mount diode, but it is really guesswork, to some extent.

One thing is certain, whatever it is you can be assured that this is why it will not now boot.

http://en.wikipedia....ount_technology

It COULD BE, that if this is a component from the motherboard, that as it is a refurbished board, that one of these components has been faulty and has been replaced, but not soldered in correctly, but PLEASE REMEMBER that we are working blind so to speak, and it does NOT mean that this is the cause.
Indeed, it is NOT certain that it is even from the motherboard.

If you can get a photograph and then download that from the camera to the computer and then attach it as an image, not as a file that I have to open, maybe we will have more accurate advice to offer.

Advertisements

horseshoe

horseshoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Well i cannot find it in the link you provided.I also google and cannot find it either. I took a few pictures but it is blurry since it is too small. Attached is the best picture from what I've taken. Not sure if you can tell what it is. I find a few of these solder on the MB. c:\desotop\Photo0083

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo0083.jpg

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Very difficult to tell, it is surface mount technology, it looks, as I can best see, as though it may be a diode or resistor
http://www.google.co...w&ved=0CJ8BELAE

What is certain is that this is the problem.

It appear to now be a case of contacting the supplier of the board.
If you find where it did come from on the motherboard DO NOT consider trying to solder it back in place, you will I can assure you never manage it.

I do not think, although we always wish to help as far as we can, that any progress is going to be made on the solution via Geeks to Go, but please do let us know how you go on and of course if you have any further questions, you only have to ask,.

horseshoe

horseshoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Thanks. I am working with the supplier to find a solution and will post back when the problem is solved with solution.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 21 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

horseshoe

horseshoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Unfortunately the defective item need to be returned to the seller. I just order another one and was promised to shipped out within 2 days and should receive it this week. Can't wait to put the laptop back together to working condition. As soon as I receive this, i will install and post back with the final result.

I just want to remind anyone reading this and may be thinking about buying from www.laptopsmotherboard.com which is where I bought from. This seller is not in The US. The item was shipped from China. No wonder it took 18 days to receive it. Now the seller agree to refund full amount including original shipping fee but I still have to pay for return shipping fee to return defective item back to China. Their policy is even it is for exchanging a defective item, buyer is still responsible for shipping fee. This policy is not posted on their web site at all.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK thank you for updating us and yes please keep us informed. Good luck and if we can help in any way let us know. :thumbsup:

horseshoe

horseshoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Just finished installing the MB. But there is no power when power adaptor is connected. No light, no respond.
When i put the battery in, the battery light indicator lights up. Because the battery was low, cannot start the laptop...
The LCD light where the power adaptor goes in does light up. Could this be the power adaptor failure?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sounds like maybe the power connector to the motherboard is not connected completely.

horseshoe

horseshoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I am pretty sure they are connected completely. Is that possible the power connector cable inside is the problem? Anyway, I already ordered a new adaptor to test and rule out the power adaptor failure issue.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes very possible since you have verified all the connections are right then it is very possible a connector issue.

horseshoe

horseshoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Finally, the power issue is solved. The problem is power button board and LED board ribbon cables.
Replaced them and now computer is up and running again.
The touch pad is still not responding. I think it is also the ribbon cable. I think these cable are so fragile and I somehow bent it or scratch out the copper on the cable which make it to lost the connection with the main board.
I wanted to replace it but cannot find a place to buy before.Now just found a few on ebay. Will buy and replace. Hopefully this is the last issue to be solved.

Edited by horseshoe, 21 July 2012 - 07:42 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK if not I am going to look about one of the function keys may need to be used to enable the touchpad.

horseshoe

horseshoe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
While waiting for the cable, I just check the mouse property under control panel, I did not see touchpad listed under device setting.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Check the bios to make sure the touchpad is enabled.

The keyboard toggle to reactivate the touchpad is Fn - F7