Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Linksys Model SPA-2102

• Please log in to reply

suegy

suegy

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
My sister has Atlantic Broadband service for phone, television, and internet. The technician connected everything and it works fine, but now she would like to have wireless internet so she can use her new laptop computer. Is this particular router going to work to accomplish this or is there something else she needs? I am trying to assist her, but my knowledge of routers is very limited.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
There's no model number in your post.
The easiest way to tell if it's wi-fi capable is the presence of an aerial, or a screwy-on connector for an aerial. If there's no aerial and no screwy-on connector, wi-fi isn't a possibility but there are ways round this.

suegy

suegy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
The model # is the name of the post, but it is a Linksys SPA-2102. There is no aerial, so I guess my next question is what are the ways around this? Does she need another router, and, if so, what do you suggest that would be a reasonable priced one. I will also need to know how it should be connected in order for her present setup to work and give her a wireless internet connection without disturbing her current hookup.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The SPA 2102 appears to come back as a telephone port with built-in router capability.

Does it look like this?
http://www.cisco.com...c78-502137.html

suegy

suegy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Yes, it does. She got a linksys router now and got it all connected and the wireless internet worked fine, but then she lost all telephone service through Atlantic Broadband. Can you tell me how it should be connected to avoid this problem?