Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ati 9600se boot problem

• Please log in to reply

Andreib18

Andreib18

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Hi there! I'm having a problem on my other old computer ...I'm having an ati 9600se agp (don't know much more about this ) and an mb acorp 4d845al rev 2.1 , when I install the card and turn on computer after bios screen(so video signal works) it hang out with black screen and a a single line that clips ,keyboard not working,what could couse this problem ? if I put an fx5500 256/128bits (palit) works great ....Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hi Andreib18
Did you uninstall the previous cards drivers and install the 9600se drivers before fitting the card?
If you don`t do this you will cause conflicts which will make your PC unstable.

Andreib18

Andreib18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I uninstall driver from fx5500 and still the same problem and how to install ati drivers?with fx5500 pluged in ?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
http://www.playtool....cs/install.html

Andreib18

Andreib18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Oh ...And I find a vc it's called ...ati hd3450 procesor(MHz): 600,memori 800mhz ,512mb/64bits .My current configuration will support that kind of card?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
As long as the card is the AGP type then yes, you must however have a PSU (power supply unit) with a minimum of a 430W output for the card to work, put your PC details in here http://www2.corsair.com/psufinder/ for confirmation.

Andreib18

Andreib18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I find out that the manufacturer is sapphire but the card looks very poor and it's a bit cheap(around 40-50euro),I also read that hd 3450 is in top 10 card for agp slot.Is this type of manufacturer good?
The card looks like this:
http://www.google.ro...=1t:429,r:3,s:0

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Sapphire is a reasonable brand name, I have had one in a desktop for 3+ years with no problems.
Did you check that your PSU is powerful enough!

Andreib18

Andreib18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
The psu is not a problem, I have a friend with a psu capable of 600w and I can borrow anytime for testing until I will buy a potent psu,And ..I'll have one more question ..the card witll be bootleg by 784 pc3200 mb ram and an northwood 2.0ghz cpu?The motherboard I didn't mention because I'm embarrassed and neeed to change it.Acorp 4d845al,my old time mb

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

The psu is not a problem, I have a friend with a psu capable of 600w and I can borrow anytime for testing until I will buy a potent psu,

Just a bit of advice for you, what ever you do don`t use the card with anything other than a PSU that is powerful enough to support not just the card but the rest of the system, if you do it will stress the card and other components and in particular the PSU and if that pops it could wipe out your whole machine.

Not sure what you mean by "bootleg by 784" sorry.

I'm embarrassed and neeed to change it.Acorp 4d845al,my old time mb

Hey if it works there is no problem.

Advertisements

Andreib18

Andreib18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Bootleg means ...that the card will be reduced by other components such as ram ,proccesor ,etc And palit 4d845al agp slot is 4x maximum if I remember right . So the maximum bandwich speed will be at half?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Commonly known as a "bottleneck" and yes the MB has a X4 AGP slot.

Andreib18

Andreib18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
So the gp will be bottleneck by 4x reduced ?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

So the gp will be bottleneck by 4x reduced ?

I doubt you will notice it due to the superior performance the card will have over the old one, GPUs are also enhanced by a good CPU and plenty of good quality Ram.

Andreib18

Andreib18

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
oK,THANKS for all the helps:) I wish you all a happy new year and psu's like power plants:) cheers up!!!