Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

airport extreme with windows 7 accessing HD and internet issues

• Please log in to reply

nuthon

nuthon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi I have Airport Extreme and have green lights indicating all is well. It also shows up as all good on my laptop

Have been able to access printer through A E but can't find a way for the laptop to get anything from HD or internet.

Part of the proccess has been hook it all up using ethernet from laptop to AE and getting them to recognise one another. Then switch to Wifi. Then change to IPv6. The conect router through ethernet. they all seem to be there but I can't find them to do anything.

Read in a forum that it is a windows issue. Which could be resolved with switching off "windows search". I did this but have had no success.

I also have to change my wifi conection to get from internet to A E does anyone know if this is necesary or is it something i need to change in the settings. It has been a long and involved process to get to this point. I am a beginner with these things so any advice would be much appreciated in small steps.

Was sold it as "just plug it in and download the software and away you go".

Lies lies lies!

Also if I update it (AE) it completely drops the whloe thing out. Please help if you can.

Regards Tony

Advertisements