Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer will not boot up?

• Please log in to reply

Redeyes

Redeyes

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was watching a show on a trusted site, and my computer suddenly restarts itself, and it has done it a couple of times prior but always rebooted properly. This time however it has not. Right now I can get it passed the splash screen or whatever where it says "DELL" then the loading bar. But after that it gets stuck on the screen where it tells me the BIOS that is installed, the RAID volumes, the drives, and the SERIAL ATA, Controller BUS#00, and the rest of that stuff, like the "04 ports" and what they are.

It is stuck on that screen, and at the bottom it says to "Press CTRL + I for configuration settings" and I have tried to do so but it does not work. Normally that screen displays for a second or so. When I press the power button to shut off the computer it turns off instantly. I can access the F12 (Boot menu) and the F2 (Setup) and use those options but they do not seem to help.

When I entered the boot setup I chose the diagnostics thing where it did the drives and it passed, so it said press ENTER to reboot, I did so and it rebooted back up to the same screen as stated. I then went into the SETUP (I have no clue what I was doing, still dont) and read around in it, then found the "Quick boot" where it skips over some stuff for compatibility, turned that off do it does the full boot up, rebooted the computer, but all it did was make the loading take longer. I still came to the same screen. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

The numbers on the front of the tower show none of them lit up but during the initial boot it showed 1 and 3 I believe.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: Redeyes
What model Dell is it name and series (not serial)number please.
Have you tried starting in Safe Mode, different models have varying methods but try tapping F8 or Del when you next power up.

Redeyes

Redeyes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you :)

It is the DM061 series.

I have tried. I've pressed F8 rapidly while it was starting up, and even tried Del. It still arrives to the same conclusion of going passed the splash screen to were it says some of the hardware that is installed and stays on that screen.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
What type of keyboard are you using?
If you are using the USB type of keyboard try connecting the PS2 (wired) type, if you don`t have one try using a PS2 adapter like the one in the picture below as this will allow you to use the wired keyboard port.
Do you have data on the HDD that you wish to try and secure?