Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD that drives me nuts!

• Please log in to reply

SPNandor

SPNandor

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys!

As you can see, I'm a newbie here, but I need advice on a serious issue, which occured two days ago, and I can't seem to solve it, even though, I've read numerous documentation about the problem.

I decided to install Windows 7 on a laptop (Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook C Series), and it went well, but after that, the nightmare started.

When the installation process was complete, I had to restart the computer, but it came up with an error which indicated some... table... which was incorrect, or changed, or wth. Can't remember the exact error.

After that, I've tried installing an XP on the hard drive, and that went well, but there is a problem now, which is a BSOD, STOP error, and I can't seem to solve it... even tried editing BIOS settings, so that isn't the matter..

The error code is:

0x0000007B (0xf7b99528, 0x0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Also I have to add that I've tried using the hard drive in an other laptop, and it loads up everything fine. This only happens with this laptop.

Any advices?

Advertisements

SPNandor

SPNandor

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
BTW, the win xp loading screen comes up for a second, then changes to bsod.

Edited by SPNandor, 30 December 2011 - 06:36 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Typical causes: Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.

Have you checked in the bios to see if it identifies the hard drive correctly?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 23 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.